Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

led zep back

Options
  • 05-09-2007 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/30908

this story has been doing the rounds for a few weeks now, but this is the closest to a confirmation that there's been. 'Package Tour' ads have also started to appear.

I'm assuming bonham Jr to sit in for the auld fella...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Hopefully it will descent into a world tour, Gotta see the Zep before Page or Plant dies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Think of the Cream reunion in 2005. That was 7 shows in two cities and while it could have been spun out into a cash-cow it was'nt. Proberly just as well. The same will be true of this I suspect.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

this story has been doing the rounds for a few weeks now

Hmm, try a couple of decades! Last I heard, Dave Grohl was to sit in the drummer's stool.

I'm cynical but I do hope its true :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

cornbb wrote:
    Hmm, try a couple of decades! Last I heard, Dave Grohl was to sit in the drummer's stool.

Jason Bonham should do it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I bet its Phil Colllins! :eek: ;)

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

cornbb wrote:

I'm cynical but I do hope its true :)

What are you talking about?? Grohi isn't fit to sit in the shadow of Bonham!

I think it should be Bonham Jr, otherwise it just wouldn't feel right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

What are you talking about?? Grohi isn't fit to sit in the shadow of Bonham!

I think it should be Bonham Jr, otherwise it just wouldn't feel right.

I'm not saying Grohl should be the drummer, I'm saying his name was the one bouncing around last time this rumour was doing the rounds.

I agree with mike65, it should be Phil Collins.

joking, joking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

i hope they do a gig in ireland. did they ever play ireland before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Exciting news, but I think it should be kept in perspective.

Since just after the death of Ahmet Ertegun (boss of Atlantic Records) there was talk of a charity event of some sort with loads of past & present label bands playing. There was a similar event a fair few years ago to mark - I think- 30 years of Atlantic.

Anyway, looks like this concert WILL go ahead in the 02 stadium (the Lndon Dome) and it seems Zep are up for playing. But I reckon it'll be a Floyd at Live 8 type thing - play 20 minutes or so and that's it. Rumour has it they're not on the best of terms right now, are involved in other things & a tour of any size unlikely.
    Hopefully they'll perform better than they did at Live Aid in '85. Truly woeful, and Phil Collins was wrongly blamed for that imho.

Being able to say I was at Knebworth in 1979 is one of the few comforts of being my age - an incredible experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

meh - Page and Plant were touring just a few years ago, and there wasn't half as much interest. Don't see what difference adding JPJ back in is going to make.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Its to tie-in with a new LZ 'Greatest Hits' double CD that's coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

loyatemu wrote:
    meh - Page and Plant were touring just a few years ago, and there wasn't half as much interest. Don't see what difference adding JPJ back in is going to make.

Irrelevant. The sum is greater than its parts.

Dave Gilmours last tour was theatres. Floyd would fill sports stadiums.

Pretty much the same would apply in the case of Zep.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,030 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

i hope they do a gig in ireland. did they ever play ireland before?

Page and Plant played here in.. 95 I think it was? First concert I ever went to. Was only 11 at the time. Completely blew my mind.

Jimmy Page was meant to play here with the black Crows but he did his back in an canceled the concert :(

Saw Robert Plant again there recently. Which I had completely forgotten about until now. Was on his Mighty Rearranger tour.

Still though, it's not Led Zeppelin. That's the first I've heard of them reforming. I'm trying not to get my hopes up. But still..can't quite help it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

big b wrote:
    Irrelevant. The sum is greater than its parts.

Dave Gilmours last tour was theatres. Floyd would fill sports stadiums.

Pretty much the same would apply in the case of Zep.

thanks for that; i was thinking of an answer to the post but best i could do was Neil Finn solo v Crowded House; you knocked the ball outta the park! :D

(and now that i think of it - contrast Morrissey solo v the Smiths were it to happen, which would admittedly be about three months after hell freezes over)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Would be simply incredible if they played in Ireland, I would definitely jump at the chance to see these legends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

Smegball wrote:
    Would be simply incredible if they played in Ireland, I would definitely jump at the chance to see these legends.

I thonk it is too good to be true, but i really hope it is true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

In terms of getting the best drummer posssible, Dave Grohl would be faboulous, but it just seems right to get Bonham Jr. to do it[even though hes a bit ****e :D]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

I saw Plant live in 2006 and he was crap.

It's a nice idea but he can't sing like he used to be able to (obviously, but I'm talking about songs sounding totally different because of his voice).

Led Zeppelin are great, but I wouldn't pay to see them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Its exciting news, but I love how, during the story about it on Sky News, they cut to video of the Spice Girls as a further reference point of groups reforming recently :D

Advertisement