Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

college fees quandry

Options
  • 05-09-2007 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

howdy,
    after a break, i decided to go back to college and now i've been offered and have accepted the place i really really wanted. the problem is that i got a national diploma in 2002 and an add-on degree the year after. this was from a private college. insert excuse here, but i left my previous education off the cao so now my registration pack has come in the door saying i'm getting free fees. a good thing so far since without them there's a 92ish% chance i won't be able to go.

what i'm wondering is whether i should come clean- does the fact that it was a private college affect it, can i safely tell them about the diploma and not the degree, how good is the checking system and what are the consequences of getting caught out?

Comments

Well, there's information on the free fees entitlement on the NUIG website here which outlines most of your queries. I know of people who have done it, but it's worthwhile keeping in mind that if you are caught, you will have to pay back the monies earned from 'free fees'. Given how it's technically fraud, I'm afraid I can't really comment with anything else on this.

Edit: After considering it, I'm going to close this thread just in case anything dodgy is mentioned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement