Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Women Vs Foreigners

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

so far 24 votes for Irish Women = 24 Irish women have voted for this :D

It depends what you are looking for.If you are looking for a women who is not materialistic and dont use you as a tool and dont s*rew your when you breakup
    <if that happens> then i would say you chances for decent Irish woman are slim

for example if you read PI u will get some taste.

I personally wouldnt go for Irish women.The ones i have met were very streo type and just thought they are from out of this world.

That said Happily married with Polish women. Love every second of it.:D

That said No offence intended to Irish women.This is my personal opinion and may not be reflect the true picture ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

That said Happily married with Polish women. Love every second of it. :D
    BIGAMIST!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Terry wrote:
    BIGAMIST!!!

Reminds me of the following :)

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." -
    -- Mark Twain

* I would like to make a correction here woman instead of women

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Terry wrote:
    BIGAMIST!!!
    hehe- Well spotted Terry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

Love2love wrote:
    Here Here, my fella is French but there is not a week that goes by, that I don't wish he was Irish (although he is finally getting our sense of humour)

i can sense a lot of love in there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Irish women generally want what they can't have and fall for guys with boyfriends/husbands
    Say what now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Foreigners by a landslide!!!

Irish girls don't really stand much of a chance compared to girls from Scandinavian, Slovak/Czech, Brazil, Holland, Australia, etc, etc. There is no contest.

The only saving grace for Irish girls is the fact that Northern Irish girls are fine, but then again you could argue that they are infact British (grrr!) so it doesn't really count.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

so far 24 votes for Irish Women = 24 Irish women have voted for this :D

;)

was thinking the same thng myself :D

Girls, lose that almighty chip on yere shoulders, playing 'plain hard to get', aloofness and dress better and then we'll start looking again in your direction. Cant blame us lads for chasing the foreign totty. what else is there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Partizan wrote:
    was thinking the same thng myself :D

Girls, lose that almighty chip on yere shoulders, playing 'plain hard to get', aloofness and dress better and then we'll start looking again in your direction. Cant blame us lads for chasing the foreign totty. what else is there?
    I love they way you're tarring us all with the one brush there. i agree that alot of irish Girls are like that but not EVERY one of them are....but theres no point in me goin on about it in a thread like this....

its like me saying all men are Bastards....god knows thats not true.....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Niamho! wrote:
    its like me saying all men are Bastards....god knows thats not true.....:rolleyes:

no no, that is actually true we are all bastards, it is just some of us haven't perfected it yet so go and try and play the "good guys always finish last" card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Irish girls, of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Niamho! wrote:
    ....but theres no point in me goin on about it in a thread like this....

Bingo. It's always important to remember that this is After Hours, where sweeping generalisations roam free, and your cool if you agree with the common opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Irish women, because I'm one myself! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

kelle wrote:
    Irish women, because I'm one myself! :D

But...you're from Mayo....puke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Mr.Plough wrote:
    polish birds are the sh1t

true that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

Foreign girls are a lot hotter than the irish.
    A friend of mine refuses to go out with an Irish woman, and I can completely see why, they don't play stupid head games, and are generally more attractive.

Saying that foreign men are way hotter than the irish men! I am currently going out with an Italian guy, dont think I can ever go back to the irish lads...

This is coming from an Irish woman, though I did live in Italy for a few years and am a quater Italian...maybe i'm a bit bias!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

As father Ted once said. "The Irish Women.....A great bunch of lads"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

they don't play stupid head games
    This is a myth that I have to bust.

Feck sake, my flatmate is on and off seeing a girl from Slovakia.

On when she wants, off when she wants.

His head is wrecked most of the time with her.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

kryogen wrote:
    i stopped reading this after the first couple of lines cuz i strarted to piss myself, yeah im really smooth only us real smooth guys can have at least 4 girlfriends!! PMSL hear ye hear ye! if u have a 1 latvian, 1 russian,1 polish and god help u if you have more then one irish girlfriend.... you are now a smoooooothh mother****er!!! and you should walk around with a bell so as mothers will know to lock up their daughters!! haha!!!

you dont get out much do you? or are you the ugly guy in the group??? you know the one that becomes friends with all his mates girlfriends???

nw for a brief rundown. im 22, fromt he age of about 14 ive had irish girlfriends,maybe younger who knows, i met a russian when i was 20, was seeing her for about 4 months, she left and i hooked up with her polish friend, was with her for a little while, cant remember exactly,maybe about 3 months to 3 and a half??? and i met my current girlfriend when i was 21, is that enough time to have 3 foreign girlfriends do you think? maybe i should do the usual penance that maybe you do?? how long do you wait after a girl dumps you to go out with someone else??? 2 years? 3??? let me know and i promise ill stay single again for that long if this relationship ends....

rant over
    Jebus, that is one of the most uncalled for rants I have seen in a long time, what crawled up your hole to make you so irritable?

As I said, it's a difficult choice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Depends on the person for me, not where they were born.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

kryogen wrote:
    i stopped reading this after the first couple of lines cuz i strarted to piss myself, yeah im really smooth only us real smooth guys can have at least 4 girlfriends!! PMSL hear ye hear ye! if u have a 1 latvian, 1 russian,1 polish and god help u if you have more then one irish girlfriend.... you are now a smoooooothh mother****er!!! and you should walk around with a bell so as mothers will know to lock up their daughters!! haha!!!

you dont get out much do you? or are you the ugly guy in the group??? you know the one that becomes friends with all his mates girlfriends???

nw for a brief rundown. im 22, fromt he age of about 14 ive had irish girlfriends,maybe younger who knows, i met a russian when i was 20, was seeing her for about 4 months, she left and i hooked up with her polish friend, was with her for a little while, cant remember exactly,maybe about 3 months to 3 and a half??? and i met my current girlfriend when i was 21, is that enough time to have 3 foreign girlfriends do you think? maybe i should do the usual penance that maybe you do?? how long do you wait after a girl dumps you to go out with someone else??? 2 years? 3??? let me know and i promise ill stay single again for that long if this relationship ends....

rant over

Using the phrase "hooked up with" makes me even more doubtful.

Relax would ya :D Ive got a mate with rectal speech disorder which causes voice to be emanated from his buttock area in relation to female matters, Im paranoid......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 xxxjuicy99xxx

you know irish girls do it better! plus we can down a good pint which is always handy!! :D

Precisely. Before she headed home went out a few times with a Belgian bird Id met at a mates house partyin spring odd. Nice looking (sure i wouldnt be out with her otherwise, Im utterly shallow) but as above, cant drink like an Irish bird. She had two Carlsberg in the time Id sank 7 down. As said nice girl, but she said she couldnt believe how little Irish girls wore on the street on hot days. Its the same with most of the Western European women i work with, they dress very conservatively (some of them will wear in the same thing a few days in a row. You never see an Irish girl doing that)

I was thinking today, there isnt one single foreign woman on my floor that I know of, even the rough ones have a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 xxxjuicy99xxx

its so true. although the polish girls nearly equal us in the drinking stakes because they love they're vodka....but even with foreign men i just cant have that typical irish craic and banter than i can have with an irish fella...thats priceless!! :)

The funny thing about E European women is they pretend not to drink at all. They like to sink maybe slightly less than Irish women at the weekend, but still a fair bit. Yet unlike an Irish bird coming in talking of how locked she was Saturday you will never hear an EE saying this, its like a fact that need not be mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Tha Gopher wrote:
    but she said she couldnt believe how little Irish girls wore on the street on hot days. Its the same with most of the Western European women i work with, they dress very conservatively (some of them will wear in the same thing a few days in a row. You never see an Irish girl doing that)

Have experienced the same thing. Seriously though, what sort of halfwit worries about wearing the same thing two days in a row.

Halfwit? Im just saying Irish women place more pride/emphasis on their own appearance, thats all.

Dont get me wrong, ive worn the same t shirt twice this week and the same hoodie all week.

But im a man, im allowed/expected to be somewhat unkempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

Me- I'm Hawt AND Irish :D Ah really, if I had to choose, French and Slovakians are beautiful. Sure Irish women are gorgeous too, just look around, it's just you take it for granted because the lovely Irish wimmins are always around you... every nation has their not so hotties too so you can't write off Irish women as being ugly hound beasts!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Halfwit? Im just saying Irish women place more pride/emphasis on their own appearance, thats all.

Dont get me wrong, ive worn the same t shirt twice this week and the same hoodie all week.

But im a man, im allowed/expected to be somewhat unkempt.

Yeah, I know. Halfwit is a bit provocative, but what I mean is that I think at least the foreigners I've know have a different idea of what looking well means and making sure to be wearing a different outfit every day isn't part of that. Which I'd agree with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭wyk

ALL women are lunatics. Half the fun is trying to figure out just how crazy they are.

Having said that, only an American woman has ever actually pointed a loaded gun at me...

Wez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

especially if she was the chick with the three boobs from Total Recall.
    A guy I know shagged the midget with the mullet from the mutant bar in total recall. True. 1 Million points.

Asians get my vote. But generally I dont care as long as they're not irish. Good thing I live in asia.

Damn Irish women have realised they can take 'men's' jobs and earn as much as them and buy their own property and can pick and choose their blokes.

Bring on the sub-servient foreigner ladies, they're happy enough to do as they're told. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Niamho! wrote:
    I love they way you're tarring us all with the one brush there. i agree that alot of irish Girls are like that but not EVERY one of them are....but theres no point in me goin on about it in a thread like this....

Yeah, everyone knows those girls in Copper's are easy.:D
    And we are all bastards at times, just depends on when you catch us.
    you know irish girls do it better! plus we can down a good pint which is always handy!! :D
    Don't think I can put out a pint in one ***shot, but nice to know. :p:D

But anyway- to be serious a moment- while you may find that certain cultures go in for headgames less when it comes to dating I don't think you can really stick to that as a rule, there will always be the exceptions to the rule and lets face it, women (in general, not necessarily all) like headgames and such as they see it as a way of seeing how devoted the lad is to them.
    Believe they put it as "she want's to know she's not parted her legs for nothing" in that film A Knight's Tale.

Tha Gopher wrote:

Can't say I agree with you on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

wyk wrote:
    Having said that, only an American woman has ever actually pointed a loaded gun at me...
    Hahah, only a Filipina has ever pointed a loaded rifle at me. You could just see the look in her eyes: "aha, now who is four foot nothing!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I don't think Irish women are particularly bad or unattractive, but the Irish dating scene that is terrible. There seems to be a creep attitude here whereby if a man approaches a woman its just automatically assumed he's only after one thing. The foreign women are more open to been approached by strangers and not as defensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I don't think Irish women are particularly bad or unattractive, but the Irish dating scene that is terrible. There seems to be a creep attitude here whereby if a man approaches a woman its just automatically assumed he's only after one thing. The foreign women are more open to been approached by strangers and not as defensive.

Davey this thread is 5 years old.Its pre recession.

There are much newer ones where we've managed to crucify everything from women,to PS workers, older men,cougars, Gardai etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Irish women every time!ever since I moved away from home I've started to appreciate just how cool they are,never mind to say extremely good looking. Other women just do not have the personality to compete with Irish birds.i find most continental European women have the personality of a cardboard cut out.
    Canadian women come close as they're the most down to earth western types after the Irish.Also in my experience Brazilian women are not that good looking,it must be some sort propaganda the Brazilian tourist industry started to get tourists in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

It's funny reading over this thread and how the style of opinions in AH has changed over the years. Definately more hate filled inarticulate mongoloids here today. Definately.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭KindOfIrish

kryogen wrote: »

the foreign women that i party with or go out with tend to be more willing to let themselves go and just have fun! whereas the irish ones tend to be a little more withdrawn,or just aloof in general actually
    possibly Irish still remember Magdalene Laundries at some genetic level.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

kryogen wrote: »

the foreign women that i party with or go out with tend to be more willing to let themselves go and just have fun! whereas the irish ones tend to be a little more withdrawn,or just aloof in general actually
    possibly Irish still remember Magdalene Laundries at some genetic level.

Couldn't disagree with this more! Foreign women just sit there and try to look pretty,they hardly ever have something funny to say.Irish women are,for the most part a laugh on a night out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

I'll stick with my gorgeous, flame-haired Irish colleen thank you very much, although in fairness there are beautiful women of all race, creed & colour in the world !

Couldn't get over how strikingly beautiful Iranian women were when I was there a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

a woman's a woman where their from makes little difference in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

mongdesade wrote: »
    Couldn't get over how strikingly beautiful Iranian women were when I was there a couple of years ago.

Agreed, I have an Iranian friend and she's an absolute goddess. Almost unbelievably good looking in fact.

Sickening it is :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I love how the entire female population of the world, apart from the miniscule number of Irish women, are made out to be some sort of homogenous group in these threads.
    Definitely a fair comparison for Irish women. *manfully struggles not to use rolleyes*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Pretty sure there's a newer, more up-to-date thread on this subject.

Please don't resurrect zombie threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement