Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Bass

• 05-09-2007 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭

I was handed a large sea bass today by a colleague at work. I haven't seen a fresher fish in years.

What to do with it?

I am contemplating wrapping it in a loose foil bag and roasting it - with thinly sliced fennel, lemons and herbs, drizzle of olive oil & salt & pepper.

Any other ideas - it is a big fish so could be stuffed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

Ummm sea bass is gorgeous! You should try this link below and put in sea bass as an ingrediant and it will bring up loads of receipes! All the ones used on bbc food programmes - so loads of ideas! The one you have already sounds lovely too!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

IMHO your first option is the best, baked seabass is fantastic.
    I actually prefer it cold like salmon then when it is hot.
    You are very lucky seabass is one of the most prized easting fish, €20 euro a kg in France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭euph

we had something similar to you a week or so ago Minder, only steamed. Do you have bamboo steamers or anything (just bought mine)

Lemongrass and garlic in the water, sat the sea bass on some foil in the steamer, three deep cuts in the fish, slice of lime in each. 25 minutes and it was moist-tastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Went for the roast option. Although at 1.5kg we will be eating the other half today.

Any ideas for cold sea bass - seems a waste to use such fine fish in fishcakes. Will probably go for a Nicoise salad type thing - boiled potatoes, french beans, tomato etc. I recently acquired a bottle of passionfruit vinegar - makes the best dressings for fish.

Advertisement