Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Just to prove it exists ...The Elusive Bentley Taxi

Options
  • 05-09-2007 4:05pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Spotted him again today , He did not have his roof sign up but the tell tale yellow licence plate is clearly visible on back window .

DSC01304.jpg:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

is it not michael o learys car?
    he paid for the taxi sign to use the bus lanes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

subway wrote:
    is it not michael o learys car?
    he paid for the taxi sign to use the bus lanes.

No its not MOL's car , I have allready posted a picture of his S500 on a different thread , and have spkoen to his driver on several occasions . Sorry ...Its a Bentley TAXI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

most likely some rich lad who copied o'leary then i'd guess,
    your sure its definitely a working TAXI? (not sure why the caps, taxi isnt an acronym)
    seems like a phenomenal waste of money
    i havent heard of any taxi drivers winning the euromillions,
    none ive spoken to would keep on working anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭GoalsGoneWild

I'd be more inclined to think that it's another high-net-worth dude doing the same as MO'L to be honest.

Don't think I'm gonna be eating a kebab in the back of it at 3am anytime soon! ;)

Oops - beaten to it above!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Cheap tax with a limo license.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

wouldn't this be offset by higher insurance though?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

el tel wrote:

And not much of a problem to someone who can afford a Bently n the first placeanyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

el tel wrote:
    I'd be amazed if the owner of that car gave tax or insurance costs a thought - they're both buttons compared to depreciation.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

Tax on an S320 = €1,399

Insurance on S320 (to me & wife) = €950 (fully comp etc)

Tax on Limo for said S320 = €75

Insurance on S320 as Limo = €1,300

All in you'll break even with PSV & NCT for the first year, 2nd year you'd be looking at a considerable saving, sensible in the end and you make a few bob out of it if you want to chauffeur it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

It's obviously not being done for cheaper tax or insurance but merely to have access to the bus lanes as subway said below in relation to Michael O'Leary. (MO'L in his hackney can also enter the London Congestion zone for free)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Arent taxi's only allowed use the bus lanes if they have a fare at the time? Gards should start enforcing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Who hoo... finally we have proof for everyone that was trying to tell me it was a Chrysler 300C with badges... :) I know I'm not blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Stekelly wrote:
    Arent taxi's only allowed use the bus lanes if they have a fare at the time? Gards should start enforcing this.
    Think they can use bus lanes if on way to pick up a fare too? Nice loophole if so!

Another benefit is that depreciation can be offset against income tax, no?

I've seen a guy in a Chrysler 300 jump out in traffic jam just before restricted right turn and slap the sign on the roof.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

All PSV vehicles have to carry those yellow stickers whats to say that isnt just a limo? Seen hearses and mourning cars with these stickers on them, they defo anint Taxi's!

-VB-

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Volvoboy wrote:
    All PSV vehicles have to carry those yellow stickers whats to say that isnt just a limo? Seen hearses and mourning cars with these stickers on them, they defo anint Taxi's!

-VB-

Cos I saw the Licence number on it and it started with a T .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement