Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EU law bans modified exhaust pipes on cars

Options
  • 05-09-2007 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

can't say its a bad thing, i'm all for modified cars but these are just annoying to anyone within ear shot (which could be a mile)

EU law bans modified exhaust pipes on cars
    05/09/2007

Boy racers have until next July to get rid of modified exhaust pipes on their cars, under an EU directive on noise pollution.

The law which comes into effect next year will ban the exhausts as part of a range of measures aimed at reducing noise emissions.

But it's not yet clear how the government will enforce the rule, or whether drivers could face fines for having enlarged exhaust pipes.

Fine Gael MEP Jim Higgins says it should be made part of the NCT test.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Whatever next. More nanny stateism here we come.

Next, when the milk floats are around, which make no noise, and a pedestrian dies because they couldn't hear a car coming, there'll be a directive requiring cars to be LOUDER.

Have you ever heard such nonsense in your life? If the guard complains that the car is too loud, all you gotta do is the car idle or drive it at low revs in the vicinity of the said garda. A complete waste of time, plus I'd love to know how it will be enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

E92 wrote:
    Whatever next. More nanny stateism here we come.
    Fine Gael MEP Jim Higgins says it should be made part of the NCT test.

Maybe it's time to change the image in your sig ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

About time, why anyone would want their car to vibrate like a tractor is beyond me.......maybe they want a dose of diesel dick :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

phutyle wrote:
    Maybe it's time to change the image in your sig ;)

No, I don't think so, I like Politics, and my views on it, while not always consistent with those expressed by Fine Gael, are by far and away closest to Fine Gael, and almost always are consistent with those of Fine Gael. It doesn't mean that they(either my views or those of FG) are perfect, and nor does it mean that I will stand up for something that I don't believe is right. But I'm not a John Deasy type, in case you're wondering :D.

• Advertisement
Advertisement