Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Phenom Upcoming Boards(RD790) and Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It's a bull**** review for the X-Fi.
    They're using re badged creative drivers at present as the company jumped the gun and released the card to market before it's engineers had completed it's drivers. That's why you see a small "coming soon" on the box.
    It's hard to say how good this card will be until Auzentech release their own drivers. They're promising full DTS/Dolby surround for vista and if they pull this off then I would consider one of these cards.
    Maybe Creative should get out of flogging sound cards and let other companies buy their sound chips and support it themselves?
    It'll be interesting to see Creative's new sound card which is due out soon and whether they've fixed the issues that were plaguing the X-Fi in Vista.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yery nice looking boards from msi and dfi. But who needs 4 pci 2.0 slots? No games will need that type of power for another 12-18 months. And by that time there will be a card that is as powerfully as 4 top of the range cards from today. Plus, the cost of 4 top end cards is going to me 2000€ or more.. Thats madness 0_o

As for the sound card, a plain x-fi will do most people. So i dont see the reason for all this 7.1 malarky, hardly any games support it.

ah..but it's not just gamers it's aimed at Anti..there's an add on box that you musicians can use to plug their instruments into etc..for that they need the best quality sound card they can afford...if they can fix the all the vista issues they're onto a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

When is Phenom being released anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

ah..but it's not just gamers it's aimed at Anti..there's an add on box that you musicians can use to plug their instruments into etc..for that they need the best quality sound card they can afford...if they can fix the all the vista issues they're onto a winner.

Very true, but there are muc more advanced sound cards on the market aimed at musicians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

OMFG!!
    attachment42b17b8me7.jpg

sexiest mobo EVAH!?!?!?!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Anti wrote:
    Very true, but there are muc more advanced sound cards on the market aimed at musicians.

think about it ...................................

its very cheap and if it works right it will trounch everything in its league of around 200e

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

No.... There are much better sound cards geared toward musicians for less than 200 euro with multiple inputs and outputs....

The X-fi is a gaming card...

And the Vista X-fi drivers do work.... Some slight bugs and features still missing but they're ok

Yes but missing 5.1 surround sound and DTS?
    That's a big feature and a big miss on Creative's part.
    I've given up on Creative solving this..they are that bad on support..
    A lot like Nvidia...
    get the hardware out...screw them for the money and if we're nice we might give the punters some of the features we promised them.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

There is 5.1 support.. just not 7.1 anyway, it is pretty unacceptable but the lazy feckers should have a driver soon considering vista will be the most widely used gaming OS.....

The mic being routed to the speakers is a pretty annoying bug...

Any idea how to solve it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Haha nah I use a good ol' MacBook for my audio work:eek: :D

Advertisement