Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Veyron old news now!

Options
  • 05-09-2007 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Looks like the Bugatti Veyron is old news, enter the next super car DiMora Natalia SLS 2 V16 Volcano Engine 1200BHP 300MPH :D
    The Natalia SLS 2 sport luxury sedan, the world's first $2 million production automobile, will be completely distinctive from bumper to bumper. It will be the world's fastest, most technologically-advanced, and finest four-door sport luxury sedan in transportation history.

More on the car here...
    http://www.dimoramotorcar.com/nat_overview.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yeah, I'm building a supercar too. it will be even faster than this, but I don't have any pictures yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

there have been several of these cars claiming they have more power and are faster than the veyron but have you heard of any of them? if so can you remember them? i thought not.

i think we wont be hearing much more about the 'natalia' and im sure that this wont be the last of these stupid threads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

*YAWN*

Supercars, hypercars and now hyper-hypercars...

I've seen it all before as an impressionable pre-teen. This car (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cizeta-Moroder_V16T) was the absolute zenith of '80s over-consumption along with the Jag XJ220. Before they even got to market the arse fell out of the world economy. This time around we also have environmental issues turning the tide against cars like this.

I think the Veyron and it's ilk are kinda pathetic. None can hold a candle to the Gordon Murray-designed McLaren F1 of the early '90s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭themessiah

yeah they all talk to talk but can never actually walk the walk . Take the Bristol Fighter that was "supposed" to be able to do 270 mph but now is "limited" to 225 mph Yeah in theory "I" can go 300 mph as long as I strap a big enough engine to me.

Were the Veyron has succeed is its ability to bolt a massive engine, do a top speed and remain fixed to the ground.

Bristol Fighter T

The Fighter T is the secretive car maker’s fastest ever motor claiming Bugatti Veyron-like performance figures.

Using an 8-litre V10 engine, the Fighter T produces a mammoth 1,012bhp and 1,036lb/ft of pulling power. The British supercar has a claimed 0-60mph time of less than 3.5 seconds and a top speed of 270mph.

But Bristol has decided to limit the car’s top speed to a more responsible 225mph. Bollox!!! 155 maybe for "environmental reasons" but 225 . There scared ****less it will actually turn into a jet.

By the way any else heard the rumour that there is actually a mini veyron of the way circa 400,000 grand uk.

Anyway when Audi announce an estate that has in excess of 580 bhp. Does it really matter what anything is called anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

pburns wrote:
    *YAWN*

Supercars, hypercars and now hyper-hypercars...

I've seen it all before as an impressionable pre-teen. This car (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cizeta-Moroder_V16T) was the absolute zenith of '80s over-consumption along with the Jag XJ220. Before they even got to market the arse fell out of the world economy. This time around we also have environmental issues turning the tide against cars like this.

I think the Veyron and it's ilk are kinda pathetic. None can hold a candle to the Gordon Murray-designed McLaren F1 of the early '90s.
    Except you can set Gordon's car off 10 seconds before the Veyron and it still won't get to 200mph first. Also it took a test driver a few go's to get the F1 to it's 241mph top speed, where as James May was relaxed and chatting to the camera while he took the Bugatti to 253mph.
    VW boss gave a design for the Bugatti that they had to follow. They overcame that restriction and built a genuine, reliable, solid hypercar. McLaren benefited from a blank sheet of paper.
    The F1 was great in it's day, but to say the Veyron doesn't hold a candle to it is just silly.

Advertisement