Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BA Computer Science Orientation!

Options
  • 05-09-2007 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

did anyone actually go to this today?? heres what happened to me:

I went to the Newman building as the page we got from UCD told us to. i asked at reception and they sent me to the science block. They sent me back to Newman!! Then the receptionist in Newman said did you go to theatre F? i said nope and ran back towards science in a sweat. Once there i met 2 others who looked as lost as me waiting outside an empty theatre F! After a lot of waiting around we were told that nobody had any idea what was going on and so we gave up. Annoyed and soaked i walked back to Newman to have a play on the SUAS computers but once there i met some more BA Comp Sci who were as bewildered as us. The receptionist however had received info that it was in fact taking place in Newman in room D106 (or something like that) so the 5 or so of us dashed up the stairs and were met with an empty room!

Anyone any idea what happened??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Yeah faced the exact same problem! In fact I'm probably one of the guys you met.. Darren, long hair. Was sent from pillar to post and never found it. It did take place somewhere or other, I met a guy that was at it. It was only half an hour and did a brief course outline. There was only something like 7 out of the 50 of us at it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 LAUNWU

what a shambles, thank god i didn't bother :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭aaronquigley

dhaddock wrote:
    did anyone actually go to this today?? heres what happened to me:
    Anyone any idea what happened??

Hi,
    Did you get any further feedback on this?

If not, can you please check this site http://www.cs.ucd.ie/ and email the CSI Secretary. Angela will pass on your message (probably to the head of school). If this was scheduled to happen and didn't the school needs to know that.

Everyone should have an academic mentor they should go to visit early in the semester. I did this last year and almost nobody turned up (sadly). Take advantage of the opportunity to meet an academic staff member and pick their brains on life in UCD along with electives etc.

just my 2 cents.

Aaron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Oh god, looks like we have to watch what we say on here now! :D

Advertisement