Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Vista and an old digital camera

• 05-09-2007 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me.

I have a Canon Powershot A20 camera, and I've seemingly installed the drivers correctly. When I plug in the USB Cable, Windows isn't telling me it's found new hardware, as it was previously.

Now though, when I plug it in, nothing happens at all. The display disappears from the camera as it used to on the old XP machine I had, but I can't find where I can view and copy the photos from on the computer.

No new drives have appeared at all.

Thanks for any replies.

Des

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

get a card reader.
    Cut out the need to install any drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

5uspect wrote:
    get a card reader.
    Cut out the need to install any drivers.
    Aye, I was thinking that, but right now, and until the weekend, I'm a bit short on money.

How much could I expect to pay for a card reader?

Thanks for the input though.:)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

ah you'll pick one up for around €10.

You might even get by without it tho come to think of it... in the camera's setting menu there may be a setting to make the camera a mass storage USB device (the other option is usually PTP camera or something). If you set it to mass storage and plug it in you should see it pop up in explorer as a removable disk you can simply browse.

I haven't used Vista at all really, so I don't know how it will behave.

Advertisement