Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best free program to add MIDI drums to a track?

Options
  • 05-09-2007 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭

Question's in the title.

I used to record guitar and mix MIDI drums with it using a trial version of n-Track Studio.

I currently record guitar in Audacity and want to get a free program that will allow me to add MIDI drums to it in a similar manner to n-Track. I'd also like it to be as versitile as possible. I'm a total MIDI n00b but n-Track didn't seem to allow you to download additional drum samples.

Basically, I'm looking for a free program that will allow me to import drum samples(and preferably coming with a wide range of samples in the first place) and arrange them in a MIDI grid, preferably with the option of importing an audio file to play alongside it while adding the drums to it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Try reaper - shareware but you can try for as long as you need with full functionality before you register. Should be able to do what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Reaper's a good idea. Try using it with a good drum VST plugin, e.g. Dr. Fusion 2.

Advertisement