Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Week Spread Betting

• 05-09-2007 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

I didnt know if i should post this here of in the gambling site, but felt id get a better reaction here. What are peoples picks based on the first weekend of the season? Here are the spreads:

New Orleans v Indianapolis*(-5.5)
    Denver v Buffalo*(+3.5)
    Pittsburgh v Cleveland*(+4.5)
    Philadelphia v Green Bay*(+2.5)
    KansasCity v Houston*(-3)
    Tennessee v Jacksonville*(-6.5)
    Atlanta v Minnesota*(-2.5)
    New England v N.Y. Jets*(+6.5)
    Carolina v St. Louis*(-1)
    Miami v Washington*(-2.5)
    Detroit v Oakland*(-1.5)
    Chicago v San Diego*(-5.5)
    Tampa Bay v Seattle*(-5.5)
    N.Y.Giants v Dallas*(-5.5)
    Baltimore v Cincinnati*(-2.5)
    Arizona v San Francisco*(-2.5)

Personally, in going to go with Seattle, Dallas and Pittsburgh all to cover the spread, with Dallas being the banker bet of the week.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i like the Pats,Dallas and possibly the Colts. i think the Pats are gonna have a good season this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Evolution136

I agree think The Pats will have a great season don't think colts will be so good this time around and personally think they'll get rolled at home tomorrow night even being brave to say that Saints off scratch at 9/4 will be my bet. Could look very foolish saying all this but we'll wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

yeah i dont think the colts will be as strong this year but they have looked decent in pre season, Mannings arm has been pretty solid. i still havent made up my mind on them yet, thats why i said "possibly the Colts" :D

im gonna make my mind up over the next couple of days haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lolkelly

Houston v Carolina*(-6.5)
    Kansas City v Chicago*(-12.5)
    Cincinnati v Cleveland*(+6.5)
    Atlanta v Jacksonville*(-10.5)
    Green Bay v N.Y. Giants*(-1.0)
    Buffalo v Pittsburgh*(-9.5)
    San Francisco v St. Louis*(-2.5)
    New Orleans v Tampa Bay*(+3.5)
    Indianapolis v Tennessee*(+6.5)
    Seattle v Arizona*(+2.5)
    Minnesota v Detroit*(-2.5)
    Dallas v Miami*(+3.5)
    N.Y. Jets v Baltimore*(OFF)
    Oakland v Denver*(-9.5)
    San Diego v New England*(-3.5)
    Washington v Philadelphia*(-6.5)

A good weekend last weekend, where my treble came off. Although it could have been more if i had included the Pats. I thought they would have had a much tougher game.

This week im going for the Seahawks (21/20), the Lions(5/6) and the Colts (10/11)!. What do others think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I think the vikes will beat Detroit. Peterson will run all over them and there defence is excellent.

Bengals - 6.5 looks good, Browns looked a diaster against the steelers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

lolkelly wrote:
    Green Bay v N.Y. Giants*(-1.0)

Ya think the Packers will cover the spread? LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lolkelly

Slow coach wrote:
    Ya think the Packers will cover the spread? LOL.

Do you know what spread betting actually means? Its the bookies that level up the game betting, by offering points to a particular team in the game. I gave the list of the games that were on this weekend and the spread betting associated with them, and then gave my three picks.
    I didnt make up these spreads myself, like you seem to think!! Just check up PaddyPower, Ladbrokes etc.

And next time you comment, read a persons post, before writing complete bo**ox!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

he didn't say you made them up...
    It's just a ridiculous spread, its basically a bet on them to win, no real spread involved.

lolkelly wrote:
    Do you know what spread betting actually means? Its the bookies that level up the game betting, by offering points to a particular team in the game. I gave the list of the games that were on this weekend and the spread betting associated with them, and then gave my three picks.
    I didnt make up these spreads myself, like you seem to think!! Just check up PaddyPower, Ladbrokes etc.

And next time you comment, read a persons post, before writing complete bo**ox!!

My comment was not aimed at you. How would you think it was? It was just a general comment aimed at no one in particular. I understand perfectly about spread betting; I've been watching Football since 1982. You need to chill out.

Packers by 14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

BizzyC wrote:
    he didn't say you made them up...
    It's just a ridiculous spread, its basically a bet on them to win, no real spread involved.

The match could end in a draw! :D

• Advertisement

Week 3:
    Indianapolis -6.5 At Houston
    San Diego -5.5 At Green Bay
    At Kansas City -3 Minnesota
    At Philadelphia -5.5 Detroit
    At New England -16.5 Buffalo
    At NY Jets -3 Miami
    At Pittsburgh -9.5 San Francisco
    At Baltimore -7.5 Arizona
    At Tampa Bay -3.5 St. Louis
    At Denver -3.5 Jacksonville
    At Seattle -3 Cincinnati
    At Oakland -3 Cleveland
    Carolina -4 At Atlanta
    At Washington -3.5 NY Giants
    At Chicago -3 Dallas
    At New Orleans -4 Tennessee

Green Bay, Dallas and Cleveland to cover the spread for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Pats -16.5, redskins -3.5 , lions +6. best picks of the weekend

Advertisement