Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOV converter

• 05-09-2007 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭

anyone know of something to convert MOV to other formats ... FREE ?

ta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Came across this:
    http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm
    Hope it is usefull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

supersnail wrote:
    anyone know of something to convert MOV to other formats ... FREE ?

MOV is the Quicktime wrapper, not a format as such. Quicktime itself will transcode to various other quicktime codecs.

MPEG Streamclip is probably your best option, but it's all down to what codecs are installed on your machine.

Might be useful to post more details of what exactly you're trying to do and the hardware/software you have available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

very simply i want to put some of the clips from my digital (stills) camera together ... I have movie maker ...

Codecs ... mmm not too sure what they are ...

just using my laptop .. windows xp

your advice is appreciated

SS

deliverance, rad tools looks like it might just do the job, will try later .... ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

If you upgrade your quicktime player to quicktime pro (you have to pay, I think it's about 29 euro) you'll be able to export directly to .avi, which will play in Movie Maker (I think - I'm mainly a mac guy :) )

This article may be of interest as it discusses QT Pro versus rad tools. It's an old article so perhaps the problems the writer had with rad tools are no longer applicable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

supersnail wrote:
    very simply i want to put some of the clips from my digital (stills) camera together ... I have movie maker ...

Codecs ... mmm not too sure what they are ...

just using my laptop .. windows xp

your advice is appreciated

SS

deliverance, rad tools looks like it might just do the job, will try later .... ta
    Good Luck with it. Codec is a shortened name for compression / decompression. There are many out there, they are in simple terms a means with which to lower the size of the data using programs (compression), then the receiver has to decode the data with the appropriate program (decompression). The same program does both.

• Advertisement
Advertisement