Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods gone Mad

Options
  • 05-09-2007 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

Mods gone Mad !!

I posted this post about opionated people who think their opinion is the only one that counts http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055146501

I receive this from a mod as a pm

Re: bit sneaky

Quote:
    Originally Posted by intheknow
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Terry
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by intheknow
    Did you have to edit my post, change the link and then sneak away...Not nice now Terry is it ?

I'm still here, buddy.
    Your link was sickening.
    I hope you never reproduce.

Got a problem with it?
    Take it to feedback or the help desk.

Sickening...how ? Was it to child abuse or something ? Explain Sickening , in your own words..please, thanks

You linked to a website which caters for handicapped children and tried to make a joke out of it.
    I found this sickening.
    If you found it funny, then I suggest you seek help and hope that nobody in your family ever has a child with a handicap.
    Is that clear enough?
    If not, take it to feedback or the help desk.

Do they ever look further than their nose.? He saw Autistic in the title and never looked at what the link was even about. No doubt another Mod will come to his rescue and..1..delete this post
    2..Ban Me...

Will they leave it to other Boardsters to make up their own minds ?

Mods Gone Mad !!

Whats wrong with...Ok, Sorry, Made a mistake there....Time now..23.30...Watch.............. !!

intheknow
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to intheknow
    Find More Threads by intheknow
    Add intheknow to Your Buddy List

This post keeps getting deleted, Any mod care to comment ? Or do we protect each other and deny everything ? Will I get Banned Now ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

this is the second time you have posted it in a couple of minutes on two different forums and it doesn't make any sense. why don't you at least reformat it so it does?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

intheknow wrote:
    I posted this post about opionated people who think their opinion is the only one that counts http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055146501

I receive this from a mod as a pm

Re: bit sneaky

Did you have to edit my post, change the link and then sneak away...Not nice now Terry is it ?
    Terry wrote:
    I'm still here, buddy.
    Your link was sickening.
    I hope you never reproduce.

Got a problem with it?
    Take it to feedback or the help desk.

intheknow wrote:
    Sickening...how ? Was it to child abuse or something ? Explain Sickening , in your own words..please, thanks
    Terry wrote:
    You linked to a website which caters for handicapped children and tried to make a joke out of it.
    I found this sickening.
    If you found it funny, then I suggest you seek help and hope that nobody in your family ever has a child with a handicap.
    Is that clear enough?
    If not, take it to feedback or the help desk.
    intheknow wrote:
    Do they ever look further than their nose.? He saw Autistic in the title and never looked at what the link was even about. No doubt another Mod will come to his rescue and..1..delete this post
    2..Ban Me...

Will they leave it to other Boardsters to make up their own minds ?

Mods Gone Mad !!

Whats wrong with...Ok, Sorry, Made a mistake there....Time now..23.30...Watch.............. !!

intheknow
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to intheknow
    Find More Threads by intheknow
    Add intheknow to Your Buddy List

This post keeps getting deleted, Any mod care to comment ? Or do we protect each other and deny everything ? Will I get Banned Now ?
    Just to clear things up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Right.

First off that site was set up by people with Asperger Syndrome, people and children who have Asperger Syndrome are on the austic spectrum but they are not handicapped.

I take offence to that term being used.

The site is infact poking fun at people who are not on the austic spectrum.

People who are Neurotypical ( "normal" ) as opposed to the term used for those on the wide ranging autstic spectrum ( which includes aspergers ) are termed as being Non Neuroptypical.

http://isnt.autistics.org/humor.html
    Understanding the humor and message of ISNT

If you're confused about this site, either because English is not your first language or because you're an autistic person who is reading this website literally:

"The Institute for the Study of the Neurologically Typical" is not a real institute.

ISNT was created to show the arrogance and foolishness of much medical research on autism.

The articles on this website describe the neurotypical - "normal" - person as if they are diseased. This is not because the authors of this site think NTs are diseased. This is to illustrate the way that, by selecting and twisting the facts, medical researchers can portray autistics, who have a difference with positive (*) as well as negative attributes, as defective individuals and genetic mistakes.

The pompous way this website describes NTs as having a disorder is a parody, and is humorous.

* If you are only familiar with the most severe and rarest forms of autism, you may wonder how anyone could claim that autism has advantages. It does! For one, autistics have an extraordinary ability to focus on a subject, and "think" in unique ways. This gives us the potential for profound original thought (for example, Albert Einstein was almost certainly autistic). Autistic emotions are another advantage: we're much better at separating our feeling from our thinking, and can stay calm and rational in situations where neurotypical persons are paralyzed by fear or panic. The down side is that our capacities for social interaction and communication, and the ways we process sensory input, are impaired to varying degrees.

Terry you got this one wrong in a few ways and I am personally sickened that you referred to people who are Non
    neurotypical and on the autistic spectrum as handicapped.

intheknow it seems your clever subtle poke at the afterhours posters went right over this mods head, I don't think he suffers from little genius syndrome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Tut, tut Terry...

I like that site btw. It amuses me greatly.

Thaedydal wrote:
    Right.

First off that site was set up by people with Asperger Syndrome, people and children who have Asperger Syndrome are on the austic spectrum but they are not handicapped.

I take offence to that term being used.

The site is infact poking fun at people who are not on the austic spectrum.

People who are Neurotypical ( "normal" ) as opposed to the term used for those on the wide ranging autstic spectrum ( which includes aspergers ) are termed as being Non Neuroptypical.

http://isnt.autistics.org/humor.html

Terry you got this one wrong in a few ways and I am personally sickened that you referred to people who are Non
    neurotypical and on the autistic spectrum as handicapped.
    No, I don't suffer from little genius syndrome.
    I do however take care of a severly autistic child on a regular basis.
    I didn't find one thing about that site amusing.

There have been several jokes made on boards.ie about autistic kids. I laughed at some of them because they were genuinely funny, but that site was just ****ing sick.

Terry wrote:
    No, I don't suffer from little genius syndrome.
    I do however take care of a severly autistic child on a regular basis.
    I didn't find one thing about that site amusing.

There have been several jokes made on boards.ie about autistic kids. I laughed at some of them because they were genuinely funny, but that site was just ****ing sick.
    Well, I'm a complete jackass.

It's not a joke about autism, it's a general protest about attitudes towards autism.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

now he is arguing with himself! something has pushed Terry over the edge. you see people. don't play god! it can backfire on you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Terry wrote:
    Well, I'm a complete jackass.
    How long before someone uses that as their sig?

:D

Chin up Tel. Even the great falter from time to time... Think Ali V Cooper

copacetic wrote:
    now he is arguing with himself! something has pushed Terry over the edge. you see people. don't play god! it can backfire on you!
    Or I admitted being wrong.
    Whatever you want to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Terry wrote:
    sickening
    Thaedydal wrote:
    sickened.

tbh...

clown bag wrote:
    I'm a jackass
    Terry wrote:
    We can all do that.

I apologised. What more do you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I want pie!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

well what kinda pie, cherry or apple? take your time think about it, its a very important decision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Terry wrote:
    I can be a jackass a lot of the time but here I was just trying to lighten the mood. I wasn't trying to put the boot in.

I have a great deal of respect for yourself and Thaedydal, just think this thread was all a misunderstanding with good intentions. Maybe a kiss and make up between the two of you rather than the strong language would be the best course of action.

miju wrote:
    well what kinda pie, cherry or apple? take your time think about it, its a very important decision
    sigh... I can't eat anything I'm afraid... I had a rather significant tooth pulled out this evening.

Love the thread title by the way... I can't wait for "Mods Gone Mad Vol 2: More Mardi Gras Madness!!

Kiss and make up ?
    but but he is from like lexslip also know as the village of the damned and has cooties and gods knows what from kissing Karoma's butt.

Terry apologised that is good enough as far as I am concerned and if the Op is happy with the out come then this thread should be in my opinoin locked.

Thaedydal wrote:
    Kiss and make up ?
    but but he is from like lexslip also know as the village of the damned and has cooties and gods knows what from kissing Karoma's butt.

Terry apologised that is good enough as far as I am concerned and if the Op is happy with the out come then this thread should be in my opinoin locked.
    No!
    You accused me of having cooties.
    I have never had, nor never will have cooties.
    I'm a virgin and I will only ever have sex with a virgin, thereby making me impenetrable to cootie infection.
    HA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Must be all that MMR

You still have to watch out for unclean toilet seats though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭intheknow

copacetic wrote:

What i was trying to say all along. Read the bleedin site Terry, Nothing at all to do with Autism... Pc gone mad

Terry wrote:

Nothing more,, Thank you Terry, My faith in Mods is restored. You are the first Mod to hold his hand up to be slapped. You are now up there as a good Mod. And I am not being sarcastic. Fair play to you. I mean that..M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Tonight on FOX....

PC gone MAD

...To Catch A Predator after the News

Am i banned ? I have not checked...Hope not..And Terry apologised, Thats well up there in my book. Terry. Take a bow. You are a normal mod who makes mistakes. Gone up in my book,,,I am being genuine. Thanks.

henbane wrote:
    Must be all that MMR

I hear it was a commie plot..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Can see where you were coming from Terry, given your personal circumstances. Especially given the attitude of intheknow.

Don't particularly like that website TBH, it's an interesting idea, but not particularly well done. And, the consistent use of the word 'autistic' when the author him/herself is Asbergers (despite the disclaimer) is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

See, the great mod conspiracy falls again. And feedback works. And starting sentences with and is bad grammar.

• Advertisement

See, the great mod conspiracy falls again. And feedback works. And starting sentences with and is bad grammar.

Great mod lizard conspiracy >> great mod conspiracy.

Advertisement