Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jericho & WWE

• 05-09-2007 11:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

Source: Wade Keller of PWTorch.com
    We reported here yesterday that Chris Jericho has been in regular contact with WWE and the two sides are discussing Jericho's return to the company. We have another update to the Chris Jericho situation.

Chris Jericho and WWE remained in contact ever since Jericho's contract expired in the summer of 2005. Things have heated up ever since Jericho's appearance on Larry King Live in July. Anybody who saw Jericho's appearance knows that Jericho was very protective of WWE's role in the tragedy, laying the foundation for his eventual return. Jericho also became very friendly with WWE champion John Cena.

Since Larry King, Chris Jericho has been in more regular contact with WWE. WWE is ready to give Jericho a guaranteed 7-figure deal to come back.

So both sides are negotiating. WWE wants Jericho, Jericho's open to returning .. While anything can happen and the deal could fall through, it's likely only a matter of time before Y2J is back in WWE.

I would love to see Jericho back. Surely now would be perfect timing with all the stuff that has been going on lately in WWE.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

It would be a good time for jericho to come back.Im anxiously looking forward to seeing him back in a ring.He is someone whose role WWE have not been able to fill since he left 2 years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Jericho whether you love or hate him isnt worth 7 figures, WWE are desperate

Everyone only wants him back because he's gone, a few months after he is back everyone will be like he's as boring as ever

Technically he's a good wrestler, but there is a blandness about him i don't like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

True, things haven't been the same with out him. Christian too for that matter. If he is brought back, he will have to be a top guy in the company for me to be satisfied, and by the looks of ths contract, that will be the case :D

Jericho is the opposite of bland buddy.

I liked him as a funny face, Against Steph and Regal but when he's a heel he's just annoying, I know thats a heel's supposed job but he is irritating in a non-wrestling sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I would think that it'll be a few more months before he comes back. His book is out very soon and it has nothing to do with WWE, they won't be promoting it on tv. Jericho will have to do his own book signings to promote it, so it's unlikely he could find the time for wrestling and promoting the book

I'm sure he will be back though

I never liked Jericho until just after he won the undisputed title. Then I suddenly saw his genius. He's a very entertaining guy and I hope that he's treated as a top talent when he gets back

• Advertisement

He'll win you over. I was bad mouthing Santino a few weeks ago but I love the guy now. The power of a heel turn!

I always thought he was the wrong choice for the Undisputed title should have been Rock or Austin, Jericho didnt do much to deserve that huge piece of history apart from being the unlikely winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I still don't see why he's join now. I would have thought the WWE is untouchable in a buisness sense for him now especially when he needs the support of major retailers for his book. I@d love to see him back though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote:
    I would think that it'll be a few more months before he comes back. His book is out very soon and it has nothing to do with WWE, they won't be promoting it on tv.

I wouldn't say that at all. Remember how they made mention of Mick Foley's first book many years back? And as I understand it, his book ultimately finishes with him entering the WWE so I would think they'd be keen to hype it up. I think this is the primary reason why Jericho would choose now to rejoin. The publicity makes sense.

And as for Edk saying Jericho is 'bland', now I've heard everything!
    Edk wrote:
    I always thought he was the wrong choice for the Undisputed title should have been Rock or Austin, Jericho didnt do much to deserve that huge piece of history apart from being the unlikely winner.

Course he deserved it. He was insanely over as a babyface. Second only to The Rock during 2001. Probably why they turned him heel against Rock. I was gutted when they erased his win over Triple H from the history books though if you recall, the fans went nuts for that moment.

I wouldn't say that at all. Remember how they made mention of Mick Foley's first book many years back? And as I understand it, his book ultimately finishes with him entering the WWE so I would think they'd be keen to hype it up. I think this is the primary reason why Jericho would choose now to rejoin. The publicity makes sense.

Foley's first book was a WWE book though. Jericho's isn't. WWE have a deal with a publisher, I don't know the details, but I wouldn't be surprised if part of the deal was that WWE can't advertise books by rival publishers

• Advertisement

I just don't like Jericho, I dont really like Canadian wrestlers they are all technival good except Test and Christian is only ok, but they seem to be lacking in charisma, granted Jericho has more than others but nah can't take to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,342 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Christian is CAPTAIN CHARISMA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote:
    Foley's first book was a WWE book though. Jericho's isn't. WWE have a deal with a publisher, I don't know the details, but I wouldn't be surprised if part of the deal was that WWE can't advertise books by rival publishers

The Hardcore Diaries was a WWE book but I was under the impression his first one wasn't.

Regardless, if Jericho's book does well (and it seems to be getting great early reviews) then I'm certain they'd make mention of it.

Foleys two previous autobiographies Have a Nice Day & Foley is Good are both WWE publications but his fiction releases such as Tietam Brown and Scooter aren't. But Foley being the king of cheap pops, managed to plug both on WWE programming.

The Hardcore Diaries was a WWE book but I was under the impression his first one wasn't.

Regardless, if Jericho's book does well (and it seems to be getting great early reviews) then I'm certain they'd make mention of it.

The WWF logo is plastered on the front of Foley's first book. It was them who wanted the book written in the first place. I just saw some of the dates for Jericho's book signings, he's got a couple at the end of October and then he's signing for one and a half weeks straight at the start of November. His signings are all on the east coast and WWE are doing shows on the west coast around that time, so if he does return before November they'll have to explain his absence for two weeks somehow

EDIT: Actually, just looking at those signing dates again, I have it kinda wrong. He's signing in New Jersey on the 4th of November, but he's left himself open on the 5th and 6th. The 5th is a Monday and Raw is being taped in California, presumably SD will be taped nearby as well. Jericho has signings in California on the 7th and 8th. So he could very well be planning the signings around WWE tv tapings. He'll be a very busy man if he does come back soon though!

I really hope Jericho does a few indy shows first, not so much that I want to see him in ROH (it would be great) but I'd love to see a shoot interview from him. I can't see why he wouldn't considering he would have worked with Gabe in ECW.

I doubt he would, given that his book is probably more or less like a shoot interview

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I'd love to see him back maybe give him another run at the title, Jericho was a good wrestler who could really work a mic there aren't many of them in WWE at the mo.

Advertisement