Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Dog being spayed.

Options
  • 06-09-2007 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

My little baby dog is going in to the vets in the morning to be spayed. I just hate the thought of her having to stay there for the day as she hates being left there so much.:(

Hopefully everything will work out OK. I know its best long term but still can't help feeling very anxious about it. This little dog is almost like my shadow at this stage following my every move and wanting to go everywhere with me in the car etc. :rolleyes:

IMAG0054800x600.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

She looks similar to one of mine and her name is shadow:)
    I wouldn't worry too much, anesthesia has come a long way in the last ten years.
    My little one was running around a few hours after being spayed and nearly burst her stitches so try to keep her calm. Maybe separate her from your other two for awhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I can't see how she would have to stay there for days. My rough Collie bitch was home the same day. Fret not!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Girlfriends two pups got spayed last week, in and out in 4/5 hours..

Allcare Vet Clinic in Walkinstown... There really good..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭alexdenby6

she'll be ok. she'll be very groggy when she gets home and will need a good days kip to get back on track. make sure you disinfect the stitches regularly, my girls wounmd got infected after the stitches came out. its the best thing for her, so dont worry and she will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

She is home since 5pm - as said she is a bit out of sorts but not as bad as I expected. Not eating etc.

One worry I have about this dog is that anytime she is feeling ill she goes into 'lets find a hole to die in' mode so I have to watch her carefully.

She will have to be locked in tonight as she is too fond of sleeping under the stars and this will not be good in her present condition.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭alexdenby6

good to hear she's ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭~Thalia~

She is home since 5pm - as said she is a bit out of sorts but not as bad as I expected. Not eating etc.

One worry I have about this dog is that anytime she is feeling ill she goes into 'lets find a hole to die in' mode so I have to watch her carefully.

She will have to be locked in tonight as she is too fond of sleeping under the stars and this will not be good in her present condition.:rolleyes:

How did she get on last night? Is she ok today? My little once took a good few days to come back around to herself so she did the poor mite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

She is pretty good this morning having insisted on sleeping in my jeep last night. It was a very cold night so I was a bit concerned about it but she wanted to be away from the other two dogs.

She has eaten some light food this morning and tried to jump into the car for a drive so she is slowly returning to normal.

I was a bit concerned about this operation as she had gone into heat a few weeks ago. Its always better to do this before their first heat period.

Thanks for the questions as to her welfare. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭summer_ina_bowl

its actually best to wait until after the bitchs first season, reduces the risk of complications

Advertisement