Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting car to showroom condition ?

Options
  • 06-09-2007 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

I have a 3 year old A3 with a few scratches here and there. One is on the bonnet - think a d1ckhead sat on it with jeans (rivets scratched it). Couple of marks picked up in car parks. Another is a deeper scratch on rear bumper where I clipped a pillar when reversing.

Can someone recommend where I could go to get these minor things repaired ? I was gonna change the car in new year but think I'll hang on to it for another year - would like to get these few things sorted.

Don't really want to spend a fortune - I presume if I traded this car in the dealer would get them repaired before trying to sell it. What do they do ?

I was thinking of somewhere like www.carcraft.ie ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

They did a decent job on my bro-in-laws Merc S320 good colour match and you couldn't notice the scratch when completed. I have a good few marks on my bumper (S320) they told me €200 for a job done on that and another €200 to get all the swirls, oxidisation etc outta the paintwork on the body not a bad price to get it back to showroom. Bit of a small outfit when you pull up to it but bro-in-law was happy until next day he brought his son fishing and stopped off at a shop to buy him icecream and the kid opened the door right onto a pole exactly at the same spot on the car door, needless to say he wasn't happy, shouldn't be parking near poles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Homer

nialler wrote:
    bro-in-law was happy until next day he brought his son fishing and stopped off at a shop to buy him icecream and the kid opened the door right onto a pole exactly at the same spot on the car door, needless to say he wasn't happy, shouldn't be parking near poles.

Hey what have you got against polish people ;) Racist!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

industria wrote:
    Hey what have you got against polish people ;) Racist!!!

sorry I was about to go ballistic there (a good few of the people working in carcraft are in fact eastern european) until I reread my post ;-)

Good one.

Advertisement