Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creche = Child Abuse

• 06-09-2007 1:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

Dragging your kids fron their beds at 6.30, to throw them into a creche for 7.30 or 8.00 is child abuse. I am talking about those parents, who, whatever the cost had to get on to the property ladder. Most of you had the house first, and knew you had to commute silly miles to get to work. Then, What did you do....Lets have a Baby...Ahh !! So So Selfish, You dont have a life, Your poor child is dragged from its sleep in the middle of the night to go and live with strangers. You dont see your partner/husband/wife etc all week.

If you hear the phrase "intrest rates" on the radio you freeze because your 3 bed semi in Naas/ Portarlington/ Navan etc is costing you the guts of 1500/2000 a month. Childcare about 12/1500 a month.

You have not a pot to piss in !! Why....At all costs did you decide to have children ? 35 yr mortgage...Come on ...

It would be a nightmare if one of you lost your job...And you know it..Well ?

Then Deciding to have kids to go to schools that just are not there....Why ?

I am single and start my day, driving a truck at 5.00. I see kids in the back of cars crying out for sleep, or a glimpse of their parents.....together !

Is this Happy families, 2.5 kids worth it ?
    Perhaps..but the cost is to your children.!

We live in a soceity with high cost housing and long commutes...Why must your children suffer for this idealistic dream ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I don't have children

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Me neither, so this whole thing about crying kids is sort of funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

intheknow wrote:
    Dragging your kids fron their beds at 6.30, to throw them into a creche for 7.30 or 8.00 is child abuse.
    Do you have kids?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

my mother is a child minder! i have first hand experience of this. The kdis have a ball at my place and arent missing out on anything! They show up at 8, play the whole day, then the parents show up after 5 and they go home! i nthe meantime, theres always someone there! I'm on shifts so do be there every 2nd week. Then during school term, they're in school from 9 til 3 anyway! so regardless of whether they're at a creche/childminders or not, they're still not gonna be at home! every person in this country has had to go to school for a large part of their life! this would entail also not seeing their parents!

As most parents HAVE to work these days, the choice is:
    1. Not have a minder, so the kid is left ALONE
    2. Have a minder, so the kid has an additional mother/father/brother figure.

You're whole point seems to be based on the fact that these kids are gettin woken up early! Or that they dont see their parents. Either way, the parents work til after 5, so regardless of if they;re in a minders or not, they wont see them til ~6 anyway! At least at a minders they'll be fed and supervised!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tjtmod

Yore Ma!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

are you serious?! how is this guy not sent to the yore ma prison?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Eh lad, theres no logic to the Breeders, yer better off nottryin to understand em :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i agree with the op, if someone tried that 10 years ago, they'd be reported to social services

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭intheknow

DonJose wrote:
    Do you have kids?

No.. And would not bring any child into this modern day crap. A house at all costs... A child at all costs.... Why should a child suffer to satisify the aspirations of parents/ grandparents ?
    As regards Home ownership, Most folks ambition far outweighs ability.

Sad to say, but in this day and age..Mostly True.

Ps. I am lucky enough to have a stay at home wife, but would never dream of having a large family.
    The seed of my loin represents the future ability of my wallet. I have a life, my wife has a life. our 2 kids have a life..and most importantly, we have a life.

mukki wrote:
    i agree with the op, if someone tried that 10 years ago, they'd be reported to social services
    Yeah, bastards, then they put their kids in primary school, and then secondary school. Its no wonder so many kids run away to college!!!

• Advertisement

The_B_Man wrote:
    my mother is a child minder! i have first hand experience of this. The kdis have a ball at my place and arent missing out on anything! They show up at 8, play the whole day, then the parents show up after 5 and they go home! i nthe meantime, theres always someone there! I'm on shifts so do be there every 2nd week. Then during school term, they're in school from 9 til 3 anyway! so regardless of whether they're at a creche/childminders or not, they're still not gonna be at home! every person in this country has had to go to school for a large part of their life! this would entail also not seeing their parents!

As most parents HAVE to work these days, the choice is:
    1. Not have a minder, so the kid is left ALONE
    2. Have a minder, so the kid has an additional mother/father/brother figure.

You're whole point seems to be based on the fact that these kids are gettin woken up early! Or that they dont see their parents. Either way, the parents work til after 5, so regardless of if they;re in a minders or not, they wont see them til ~6 anyway! At least at a minders they'll be fed and supervised!

Ah me arse, are not missing out on anything ?? Parents perhaps ?

intheknow wrote:
    I am single and start my day, driving a truck at 5.00.
    intheknow wrote:
    Ps. I am lucky enough to have a stay at home wife

LOL you're so full of sh!t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

intheknow wrote:
    Dragging your kids fron their beds at 6.30....

Er hello? most kids wake up early and get their parents up. Get a grip.

Oh and what DonJose said. :rolleyes:

DonJose wrote:
    Do you have kids?
    intheknow wrote:
    No...
    intheknow wrote:
    our 2 kids have a life..and most importantly, we have a life.

WTF!!! Nutjob.

I was always up at the crack of dawn when I was small. My parents never had to drag me out of bed. At least not until I got to secondary school anyways!

Ohh, the truth is hurting !! Admit it, you have stiched up yourselves for a 35 yr mortgage. I am not a saint, but mine is only for 20 yrs and thats a major struggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

intheknow wrote:
    Ah me arse, are not missing out on anything ?? Parents perhaps ?

They'll be in school anyway for most of the day! Parents drop them off before school, and collect them maybe 2 hours after school! in the meantime, they have a parent figure there to look after them! the kids in my house are like little brothers and sisters to me at this stage! we've been minding the whole family since the first born about 13 yrs ago! they'd get pretty much the same in my house as they would at home! in fact, they now essentially have 2 mothers/fathers/brothers etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

so you think kids should stay in the house, watch TV and watch their mother do cleaning, rather than playing with kids their own age?
    This summer was that crap, there wasn't many days for them to play outside, so playing inside in a creche has to be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

bronte wrote:
    are you serious?! how is this guy not sent to the yore ma prison?
    Ah I'm finding it quite amusing. I wanna see how long they last!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

intheknow wrote:
    Dragging your kids fron their beds at 6.30, to throw them into a creche for 7.30 or 8.00 is child abuse.

I "drag" my kids from their beds at 7 to go to school at 8. Is it child abuse?

• Advertisement

intheknow wrote:
    No.. And would not bring any child into this modern day crap.

Should anyone? Who's going to wipe up your dribbles in five years' time?

Just to clear things up. I am single, I have...and support 2 kids. we have a great relationship. Their mother, never goes short either. She and I also get on great. She does not have to work.
    my point is, why,? do couples buy a house in the sticks, Realise, maybe, not a good idea, so far away, yet still decide to have kids, not one, but 2 and 3 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinker

intheknow wrote:
    No.. And would not bring any child into this modern day crap. A house at all costs... A child at all costs.... Why should a child suffer to satisify the aspirations of parents/ grandparents ?

Ps. I am lucky enough to have a stay at home wife, but would never dream of having a large family.
    The seed of my loin represents the future ability of my wallet. I have a life, my wife has a life. our 2 kids have a life..and most importantly, we have a life.

Are you a little bit deranged? At first you respond to the question of have you any kids by saying NO, you then go on to discuss your wife and two kids, hello nutjob anybody home?:confused:

Pinker wrote:
    Are you a little bit deranged? At first you respond to the question of have you any kids by saying NO, you then go on to discuss your wife and two kids, hello nutjob anybody home?:confused:
    I live on my own, I support a partner and 2 kids. she stays at home and minds them. I give them, not a lavish, but comfy life.. OK ? Do you live in Portarlington or have a long commute >?

Well you contradicted yourself in your previous post by saying you have no kids, then you say you support your two kids, so it cant be both???...I will hazard the guess then you support her two kids? If so hats off buddy,

And I wouldnt get too hung up on the kids in creches thing, I was in playschool from about 4 years of age, both my parents worked. Being in constant physical contact with parents isn't the only thing that leads to healthy children, there are a myriad of factors....No I'm delighted to say I don't commute, tried it for long enough, would rather be dead...

btw didn't you mention you get up at 5:00 to drive a truck, shouldnt you be in bed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

its absolutely hilarious to see how easily people bite when someone tries a wind up here! i love it!!! keep it up intheknow!

but would somebody castrate the yore ma guy??? really, hes just an idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

intheknow wrote:

Denial, that's some "great" relationship you got with your kids there. Just out of interest, how much time do you spend with your kids?

You're either very drunk and talking ****e, trolling or you have a chip on your shoulder.

kryogen wrote:
    its absolutely hilarious to see how easily people bite when someone tries a wind up here! i love it!!! keep it up intheknow!

but would somebody castrate the yore ma guy??? really, hes just an idiot

post reported!!!!

never knock the "yore ma" guy

as for the op....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055144487&referrerid=&highlight=
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055144488&referrerid=&highlight=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Slow coach wrote:
    Should anyone? Who's going to wipe up your dribbles in five years' time?

Who is going to wipe up his dribble...now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

DonJose wrote:
    Do you have kids?
    intheknow wrote:

*sniff sniff*
    i smell a troll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

intheknow wrote:
    do couples buy a house in the sticks, Realise, maybe, not a good idea, so far away, yet still decide to have kids, not one, but 2 and 3 ?

you are just assuming people are not happy when they buy a house. Do you not think people are happy when they decide to have kids, other wise what is the point? you are coming accross as a very bitter man

i just seen your other threads
    TROLLTROLLTROLL

he says he has a wife, but he is gay in another thread? is she a tranny or what?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055144488&referrerid=&highlight=

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

intheknow wrote:
    Dragging your kids fron their beds at 6.30, to throw them into a creche for 7.30 or 8.00 is child abuse. I am talking about those parents, who, whatever the cost had to get on to the property ladder. Most of you had the house first, and knew you had to commute silly miles to get to work. Then, What did you do....Lets have a Baby...Ahh !! So So Selfish, You dont have a life, Your poor child is dragged from its sleep in the middle of the night to go and live with strangers. You dont see your partner/husband/wife etc all week.

If you hear the phrase "intrest rates" on the radio you freeze because your 3 bed semi in Naas/ Portarlington/ Navan etc is costing you the guts of 1500/2000 a month. Childcare about 12/1500 a month.

You have not a pot to piss in !! Why....At all costs did you decide to have children ? 35 yr mortgage...Come on ...

I am single and start my day, driving a truck at 5.00. I see kids in the back of cars crying out for sleep, or a glimpse of their parents.....together !

We live in a soceity with high cost housing and long commutes...Why must your children suffer for this idealistic dream ?

You have a very warped way of viewing things. I havent read the other posts so I apologise if I am reating anything.

What the mothers who fell preganant at 19, raised the child, without any family around the help with childcare. Worked 9-5 and when baby was in bed stayed up all nigth transcribing for extra money? Working away to pay for childcare, a stinking one bedroomed flat and the essentials?

"They" could have stayed on the social welfare..but then what would YOU have said then?

'sINGLE PARENTS BLA DE BLA BLA...SCREWING THE SYSTEM...BLA DED BLA BLA...MY TAX...LAZY BEYATCH...BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Come on intheknow -

Do you or do you not have kids?

Are you married to your stay at home wife? Or are you single?

You're gonna have to pick one answer!

(btw - Parenting Forum?)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

intheknow wrote:

You dont have kids - but your wife (oh, you're single too!) stays at home to mind you two kids?

BOLL-OCKS.

Fooking stirrer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

intheknow wrote:

I have no kids either and you like me have no right judging other people.

So your going to get buuuurneddd in here.

*sits back

EDIT:

I see that you DO have kids after lying earlier. You sir are a trollllllll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pug_

C'mon lads it should be obvious he's a gay bovril eating man who is married with no real kids, but two imaginary kids that never leave the house. He gets up at the crack of dawn to spend all day driving so he can spend all day at home with his wife and two imaginary kids. Don't know why people think he's a troll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

intheknow wrote:
    Just to clear things up. I am single, I have...and support 2 kids. we have a great relationship. Their mother, never goes short either. She and I also get on great. She does not have to work.
    my point is, why,? do couples buy a house in the sticks, Realise, maybe, not a good idea, so far away, yet still decide to have kids, not one, but 2 and 3 ?

Raising children outside the confines of marriage, or at least with two parents living together is child abuse.

See how stupid this game is?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

The only solution I can come up with is perhaps the Woman's Place is in the Home Act, 2007, if only those damn politicians would listen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

1. An apartment is no place to bring up children.
    2. The rent on a 2 or 3 bed house is only about €200-€300 cheaper than a mortgage on the same.

stovelid wrote:
    Who is going to wipe up his dribble...now?

I take it back. You're right. :D

• Advertisement

pug_ wrote:
    C'mon lads it should be obvious he's a gay bovril eating man who is married with no real kids, but two imaginary kids that never leave the house. He gets up at the crack of dawn to spend all day driving so he can spend all day at home with his wife and two imaginary kids. Don't know why people think he's a troll?
    LOL that really got me laughing, :D:D:D

PS Esp the random bovril reference?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Pinker wrote:

Look at the OPs previous threads

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pug_

Pinker wrote:

Not random at all...
    intheknow wrote:
    Everyone I know thinks Bovril spread on toast is disgusting.....With Grilled cheese...Mmmmmmmmmm. Any other Bovril fans out there care to share recipe ideas ? Ps Its marmite in uk. but Bovril beats the **** out of Marmite
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055144487&referrerid=&highlight=

The gay reference came from here
    intheknow wrote:
    I Dont want to offend Gay people but every time I hear that phrase used to describe gay men, I crack up... More please..... Ps I am gay so I wont be offended !!.

both about half a page down the last page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

So he's a gay man married with 2 kids that doesn't live with his wife AND likes Bovril?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

And who won't be starting any new threads here.

orla wrote:
    So he's a gay man married with 2 kids that doesn't live with his wife AND likes Bovril?
    Plus he's a taxi driver, then a day later he's a truck driver. What a spoofing sack of ****.

LOL no wonder she left him, "Eh, honey, you stuck that up the wrong hole again..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

intheknow wrote:

Bull****, most children are in bed for 8 o'clock in the evening if they have to be up early in the morning, so they have more than enough sleep, and they get a nap in creche anyway! And 6.30am is not the middle of the night anyways, I was always awake at around 6.00am, as are all my cousins and sisters and brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

orla wrote:

He's also a headcase ...but we kinda knew that. :p

why has this guy not been banned yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

intheknow wrote:

Alright. So people should stop having kids because our stupoid government let house prices get out of control? You want society to become extinct because of this?

Its an awful situation but thats life. Blame the govenment, blame selfish grandparents who wont take the kids, blame whoever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement