Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems with new card

Options
  • 06-09-2007 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

hi,
    I started to getting problems with my 6800GT(AGP) so decided it had to go,

I got an X1950 pro today in the post and though happy days again.

I uninstalled the Nvidia display driver and installed the ATi and got various problems, so i started fresh with a clean XP pro install.

I got a problem then of only 680*480 and 4 biy display, so uninstalled drivers again and ran driver cleaner pro and CCleaner in safe mode and installed drivers again. that fixed the problem.

BUT now i have new ones, when windows starts, i get a line down the screen instead of a fade effect twice, then after about 2 sec, the hole screen goes black, then it comes back, i have icons missing and even now, i only have the forward button on my IE visable. once i run the mouse over the rest, they come back for about 5 sec, i have no X on any windows right top corner and i installed the game that came with the card and i get sound but just abother black screen?

Whats the story?

thanks for your help in advance
    EL WOG

Advertisement