Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The battery has gone dead in my Hyundai Coupe and the bonnett opener is electronic. H

Options
  • 06-09-2007 8:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Is there any manual button to by pass the electronic button in cases like this? It is an 02 Hyundai Coupe SE and the battery is toatally dead after the car wasnt started for 2 weeks. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Have you checked under the steering wheel and to the right. theres usually a manual lever there. (on any hyundai ive ever seen anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I had an 02 Coupe and there was indeed a manual bonnet release in the driver's footwell. I can't remember if it was on the floor to the right of the seat or just below the wheel to the right of your right leg.

I don't remember an electronic release at all in fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

there is no electronic bonnet release on the Coupe.

Bonnet pull is here:
    coupedashfy1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 wcullen

Thanks am sorted lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

My S80 is the other way around. The battery is in the boot :confused:, which only seems to have an electric release. There's a keyhole hidden behind some trim that most people never know about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement