Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Activiating Progressive Scan??

• 06-09-2007 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Got myself a 42x3030d Toshiba and only have my old DVD player.
    It is progresive scan able but for some reason it will not allow me to select the Scan change mode in the menu.

Seeing as what i am doing is incorrect, could someone please give a foolproof idiots guide.

and i mean idiots guide. starting from what bloody cable to use (AV, SCART, Component??). Using Component at the moment

*Edit*
    P.S. This model has no online presence on the LG site anymore. So I can not just download the Manual (which is gone to the place where all important documents find themselves, ie not where they are supposed to be!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

LG: LH-t175 is that your DVD player as there is no mention at all in Google.

As for progressive scan component is the connection to use, the TV definitely supports it so it may be something up with the DVD player itself. There might be something in the TV's menu settings stopping it from working but I'm not familiar with all the options in the Toshiba so can't really help you there. Try turning off or on Cinema mode for the component input.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Are your cables definetly ok? You're using component over 3 phono cables? Have you got them matched up correctly? R, G and B? If the Green isnt working then you have no sync = no picture. If you swap them around you might get sync (picture) but missing blue or red which will indicate a dodgy phono cable.

Maybe the Progressive Scan works over SCART. Is your SCART connection component enabled or just composite? You'll know if the SCART connection is component if it is labeled RGB on BOTH TV and DVD.

Whats the model number of the DVD player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

8T8 wrote:
    LG: LH-t175 is that your DVD player as there is no mention at all in Google.

As for progressive scan component is the connection to use, the TV definitely supports it so it may be something up with the DVD player itself. There might be something in the TV's menu settings stopping it from working but I'm not familiar with all the options in the Toshiba so can't really help you there. Try turning off or on Cinema mode for the component input.

I must have posted the wrong model number.
    I'll repost when i get home later

I have not had a chance to play around with it yet.

I will try to reset the DVD player tonight and see how that pans out

Are your cables definetly ok? You're using component over 3 phono cables? Have you got them matched up correctly? R, G and B? If the Green isnt working then you have no sync = no picture. If you swap them around you might get sync (picture) but missing blue or red which will indicate a dodgy phono cable.

Maybe the Progressive Scan works over SCART. Is your SCART connection component enabled or just composite? You'll know if the SCART connection is component if it is labeled RGB on BOTH TV and DVD.

Whats the model number of the DVD player?

Brand new cable out of the bag.
    I'll try to run the Wii through component later also to see if it is a TV setting.

it's an Lht751

• Advertisement

Thanks lads for the answers.
    my own fault, i left the output switch to SCART

Advertisement