Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

freshers forthnight

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

The grant is holding it up! You need tickets for the bar-ex don't you?

Hmm, I'm in 'til 6. Might be worth just sticking around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yeah I gots ta buy tickets tomorrow. Ah yeah grants, mine didn't come through until November. Had to get the mother to pay my fees ,so I could get the student card! I'm in til 5 tomorrow so I reckon I'll just stay around and get smashed before everything kicks off! Whoo love being back in college!

County council said they sent my grant stuff out on Friday, should have the confirmation letter by the end of the week at the latest, so it's graaaaand. Still ****ed money-wise though! Bank card snapped in half in my bag last week. Not cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dilemma

Argh I reaaaallllly want to see Ham Sandwich and Delorentos tomorrow, why do I have to work why?? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

I would go to the bar-ex....but that money could be spent on better things....like Jack Daniels.So I shan't be going!!Might head to the fresher's ball next week though....maybe....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

80s night last night was brill. Did any1 else go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Hell yeah! Didn't even know they were there for ages, class band.

Their costumes were well cool too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Rozabeez wrote:
    Nah I'm not going to anything this week, I'm really broke !
    Ways to save money in maynooth during freshers forthnight and rag week
    -join the events crew, hand out some flyers, posters and tickets and if you've done enough you'll get into the bar ex's for free.
    -Buy the ticked bundles at the start of the week and sell off the tickets you dont need nearer to the night, which will ensure you have a few yoyos for drinks
    Visit Aldi for cheap booze or buy a 24 pack of bottles and drink before you go, less money spent on drinks in bar and less queueing for half an hour when its packed
    -always drink fosters, its e3 or failing that beamish, might sound scummy now but once you acquire the taste......

Best way in is the events crew though, i don't think i ever paid for a bar ex and giving an hour or 2 when you have it free is no big deal
    Wish I was there for 80's night, feckin erasmus and cheap beer......

The expert alcoholic here. I've kinda had enough of booze after the summer (give it a day or two, I'll see sense)

Bought a ticket for next Tuesday, hope they let me in without ID ^_^

As long as you go with someone with a student card you can get in. No Delerentos for me tonight :(
    I'm off to town for an open bar :)

• Advertisement

Open Bar > Everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

If you bring picture ID and are accompanied by a student card holder you'll get in. Should be out next tuesday myself.

I should have my student card, but it'll clearly state that I'm only 17.

^ you suck at college!!

Rappers and slappers tomorrow...

How do you dress like a rapper? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

well i can only guess that the rappers were the ones selling the tickets in the Arts block, so Celtic jersey, lots of jewellery and grow your moustache just enough so people can still see through it!

So.. what... dress like a skanger then? Haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

amull87 wrote:
    well i can only guess that the rappers were the ones selling the tickets in the Arts block, so Celtic jersey, lots of jewellery and grow your moustache just enough so people can still see through it!

Dont forget the baseball cap thats at 90 degrees to the skull and of course the baggy sweatpants also you must master they way of the wigger to truly be a rapper. because remember us caucasians are only truly cool when we rip off our african-american bretheran brudda. :p

^ you suck at college!!

Yeah? Well you're a ginger.

Rozabeez wrote:
    OMG!! How?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ringleader

Rozabeez wrote:
    I should have my student card, but it'll clearly state that I'm only 17.

They never ask/look at it. You'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Rozabeez wrote:

:eek:

How? I heard it's a cause of inbreeding :p

Anyway, I kid.

I'm no longer the worst student ever, I'm registered fully, I've got a student card AND I don't plan on staying sober much longer. Hooray!

But how did you know I'm a ginger? Does it come across in my typing? :confused:

Ohh. Shouldn't post your bebo link on teh interweb if you don't want your gingery sekkrits revealed! :p

Damn, I should have gone for the more mysterious;

"Stalky stalky" answer.

Sheeeet, where did I post my bebo? I must have been drunk!

Where everyone else did, AH! Fairly sure I clicked into yours at some stage anyway!

Advertisement