Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB BT Zyxel not connecting

Options
  • 06-09-2007 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a Zyxel 600 series modem for my BT broadband.My Ethernet PCI card recently stopped working and I have had to resort to the USB connection to use the Internet.
    When I install the software and everything is connected to the modem,it cannot doesn't to the internet.It says that it is aquiring the address but after a minute or two a yellow triangle appears on the two little screens in the taskbar.Usually when I connect with ethernet I can at least see my ip address and a few other things when I look at the connection status but it says 0 for the ip address and all of the other things underneath it when I use the USB.Does anyone know what the problem is?
    I read somewhere that I may have to manually enter my ip address etc somewhere for it to work.If that is the case how and what do I enter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

get youself a new nic card for about €10/15, usb is woeful compared to ethernet.

Advertisement