Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Coverage

Options
  • 06-09-2007 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a decent coverage map that is being offered by magnet.
    The one on the website is well erm useless doesn't tell you anything on it.

Reason moving house and need to get a new ISP sorted out.
    If any use the house is out Cabinteely Dublin 18 The Ramparts.

Or if you know is this area covered by magnet?

Cheers
    Mac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

coverage map? They're not wireless, or did you know this?

Its mostly FTTH (Fibre to the home) and their list of developments is here http://magnet.ie/services/fibre-to-the-home.shtml

Not sure if they offer standard DSL services, I think they pretty much have their own network, and dont LLU. But I could be wrong..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Magnet aren't selling residential DSL BB to consumers anymore. They are currently only selling to new housing/apartment developments that have their fibre setup exclusively.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I'm aware that its not wireless as wireless would be a last resort option.
    That's a bit of a pain that they are not selling DSL BB anymore anyone know why they stopped that?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

I thought that they were no longer promoting/advertising their adsl2 product, sure give them a call and see.... 1800 624 638

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

Mac daddy wrote:
    That's a bit of a pain that they are not selling DSL BB anymore anyone know why they stopped that?

At a guess they got tired of jumping through Eircoms ridiculous unbundling procedure and decided it wasn't worth the hassle. AFAIK residential customers can ask to connect an already unbundled exchange but they won't unbundle any more exchanges or advertise their residential service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

and comreg are doing what* about this?

*My guess would be zilch, as per usual.

Advertisement