Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another electives question

Options
  • 06-09-2007 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭

I have heard so many different answers to this question, does anybody have a definite answer?

If you're in fourth year, can you take a first year elective?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭maxi-twist

No,its only one year behind you, so you could take a 3rd year one. Thats what we were told by our programmes officer. (i am in second year though). It'd be very unfair if it was different for 4th years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

That's what somebody told me the programme office told them.

But,
    FAQs—Choosing your elective modules:

I am a first year (Stage 1) and want to choose a Level 3 module as one of my electives. Is this permissible?

Yes. There are no level restrictions for elective modules. However, you should carefully consider the level of difficulty and expected learning outcomes of the module before you enrol to it.

I am a Stage 2 student and want to take a Level 0 module as one of my electives. Is this permissible?

Yes, provided you have not already taken 10 credits of Level 0 modules (10 is the maximum number of Level 0 modules).

I am a Stage 2 (or Stage 3) student and want to take a Level 1 module as one of my electives. Is this permissible?

Yes. There are no level restrictions for elective modules. However, you should keep in mind that you must take at least 100 credits of Level 2 or higher modules and at least 50 credits of Level 3 or higher modules in order to graduate. Thus, if you are on a 3-year programme, the most Level 0 and Level 1 credits you may take are 80.

I am a Stage 3 student and want to take a Level 2 module as one of my electives. Is this permissible?

Yes. There are no level restrictions for elective modules. However, you should keep in mind that you must take least 50 credits of Level 3 or higher modules in order to graduate.

Advertisement