Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLI or GTX ?

Options
  • 06-09-2007 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

Folks

I've already got an 8800GTS 320MB, whats better buy another one for approx € 300 and run it in SLI or spend € 545 and get a GTX ? and sell my existing GTS for € 200 ish ?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

It's a bit of a mixed bag the GTS SLI will be a bit faster in some cases whereas the GTX will be faster in others.

Also keep in mind that unless you are pushing a 16xx resolution then the SLI wont be stretching it's legs and you are just better off with a GTX.

To make a pick I'd go with the GTX, the GTS 320 SLI really isn't worth the speed improvement it brings in a few titles and the GTX does just fine on it's own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

Thanks for the advise, I'm getting dual 22" screens soon so need to take that into mind to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well that definitely makes the 8800GTX as the only option because you cannot use dual displays while SLI is active you have to turn SLI off to use 2 or more monitors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

Really !, **** I didn't know that guess thats made my mind up,

thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Get the GTX that way in several months time you can add another GTX and it would be alot better than two GTS's

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Ill take your 8800 GTS for a reasonable price if you are selling.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Take a look at overclockers.co.uk. You won't have to spend €545 on a gtx.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

wait a few weeks and get a next new Nvidia / Ati card....

There is nothing out atm that an 8800gts 320mb cant play...

Except for maybe flight simulator 10? but nothing can play that :(

Advertisement