Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free of charge delicious Cuban coffee shots

Options
  • 06-09-2007 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

This arrived in my inbox from our Reception Today from www.foodgame.ie they are located in stillorgan if anybody is intrested:)

Hey folks,

This coming Saturday the 8th of September, we are having a coffee tasting at Food Game.

We will be giving away free of charge delicious Cuban coffee and sweet treats from 10.30a.m. until 12.30p.m.

Cafe de Cuba is a small Irish company producing top quality 100% Arabica coffee and is ideal for those who favour a dark, robust coffee.

Wicklow Fine Foods are a small company located in Baltinglass producing the most fantastic chocolates and sweet treats.

We reckon that a shot of Cuban coffee and a treat from Wicklow Fine Foods will be a great start to your weekend!!!!!

Just to remind you, we are located in Stillorgan Shopping Centre opposite Nimble Fingers.

Drop in if you can and get involved!!!!!

Food Game loves you!!!!!!!

Do not know who these guys are as i said our reception got this by mail shot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Here's the Cafe de Cuba website, they're based in Thomas St and
    you could order online last time I looked.
    http://www.cubascoffee.com

They're the Irish importer for Cubita ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I <3 cubita

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

I <3 cubita

cubita seems to be the only coffee that everyone here agrees on
    Cubita ftw!

JIZZLORD wrote:
    cubita seems to be the only coffee that everyone here agrees on
    Cubita ftw!

It's even better in Cuba - maybe it's the sunshine and chicas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I've never had Cubita, and am not likely to any time soon, how do people think it compares to... say ... some of the Ariosa stuff?

• Advertisement

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I've never had Cubita, and am not likely to any time soon, how do people think it compares to... say ... some of the Ariosa stuff?

I haven't tried any of the Ariosa coffees yet. I've just sent a mail to see if they'll deliver...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

I haven't tried any of the Ariosa coffees yet. I've just sent a mail to see if they'll deliver...

Hope you do better than me, still waiting for a reply to the mail I sent a year or so ago. He's a lovely guy but I think he might be too busy roasting coffee to answer emails.

Here's the M & D coffee price list for anyone who's interested:

Cuban €8 per 250g.
    Java €8 per 250.
    Kilimanjaro €6 per 250g.
    Guatamalan €7 per 250g.
    Colombian €6 per 250g.
    San Augustin €10 per 250g.
    French Roast Colombian €8 per 250g.
    Decaf €8 per 250g.
    Jamaica Blue Mountain €52 per 250g (please check for availability).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Just for a comparison on prices for a moment on buying green beans from Hasbean vs roasted from M&D

1. Cuban €8 per 250g. Hasbean Cuba Turquino Lavardo £15 for 2kg
    2. Java €8 per 250. Hasbean Old Brown Java £11.95 for 2kg
    3. Guatamalan €7 per 250g. Hasbean Green Guatemala Finca Entre Rios Organic £14.99 for 2kg
    4. Colombian €6 per 250g. Hasbean Colombian Cup of Excellence Mirador-Jesus Lizcano £25 per 2kg
    5. Jamaica Blue Mountain €52 per 250g Hasbean Jamaican Blue mountain Mavis Bank £88 per 2kg

Taking into account £1 = €1.47, and that the roasted weight of coffee is about 20% less -

1. €32/kg Vs €13/kg
    2. €32/kg Vs €11/kg
    3. €28/kg Vs €14/kg
    4. €24/kg Vs €23/kg
    5. €208/kg Vs €80/kg

In all cases where more than one type of coffee from the same region was available I chose the most expensive (eg the Colombian from Hasbean is an award winning coffee).

Shipping for 8kgs worked out at about €24 for me the last time (2 day delivery). Shipping gets less expensive (relative to the overall price) the more you buy.

And obviously you need something to roast the beans in.

Worth bearing in mind in the overall scheme of your coffee budget.

rockbeer wrote:
    Hope you do better than me, still waiting for a reply to the mail I sent a year or so ago. He's a lovely guy but I think he might be too busy roasting coffee to answer emails.

Spoke to him there, nice chap alright. He will post coffee out. I've ordered a batch. I'll report back.

info@ariosacoffee.com

Look forward to your feedback Mr M, unfortunately I'm never up in time on
    a Saturday morn' for the market in Temple Bar. If Ariosa can post out
    coffee (for a reasonable fee) I'll be interested in ordering.

Let me know how it compares to Fallon & Byrne ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

rockbeer wrote:
    Jamaica Blue Mountain €52 per 250g (please check for availability).

Same Coffee is €20 Euro per 250g in Bewleys, how come M&D are more than twice the price?

Cheerio
    Howard

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭billyblanks

hshortt wrote:
    Same Coffee is €20 Euro per 250g in Bewleys, how come M&D are more than twice the price?

Cheerio
    Howard

There are different quality of Jamaica Blue Mountain...Bewleys could be using a Blend which is mainly made up of low quality/price beans with some high quality Jamacian Blue Mountain blended into it, this helps reduce the cost but means they can still call it Jamaica Blue Mountain.

Also could just be a rip off.....

Look forward to your feedback Mr M, unfortunately I'm never up in time on
    a Saturday morn' for the market in Temple Bar. If Ariosa can post out
    coffee (for a reasonable fee) I'll be interested in ordering.

Let me know how it compares to Fallon & Byrne ;)

Purchased the Achill Blend from Ariosa. They posted it out to me. Very happy with the service. A 1kg bag cost €25+€7.50P&P.
    Ariosa wrote:
    Achill Blend: This is my newest blend, Completely 100% arabica and 100% ethically sourced this delicious blend has six different beans, two of which have been selected from the Caribbean. I am very excited about this blend and have no doubts that it is one of the best blends in the country."

It is a very nice coffee though I think the Cubita is still my favourite. I can't really tell how it compares to F&B as it's so long since I've had their blend. I would recommend them, give them a shot and see what you think. RE*AC*TOR might recommend a nice blend from them.

Advertisement