Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for a company social

Options
  • 06-09-2007 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I've been put in charge of organising some sort of social event for my department in work. Just wondering if anyone has any good ideas or could recommend anything? I've thought of the usual stuff (bowling, karting, paintballing etc) but we've done all these things before so wanted to try something different. There's about 12 of us so not a huge crowd. Reasonable budget though we're not going to be jetting off to Monaco for the weekend. I just need something to do for a few hours during the day cause the plan is to go for food and drinks in the evening. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

One of the best Social outing with a company I've done was a Team Building day at one of some adventure centre, I think it was in Limerick.

Split up into teams of 4 and then competing against the other teams in all kinds of teambuilding challenges. Dinner and a few drinks after.

I came across this the other day too -
    http://www.irelandxtreme.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=53&Itemid=289
    No idea how reputable the company are or what they do exactly but that looks like a bit of craic.

Where are you situated anyway ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jaws2

Situated in Dublin.

Yeh came across that company on the net as well. I know someone that did a day with them before and she was very happy with them. Apparently you need a decent size crowd though, 12 might be too few.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I'd say you'd be OK - says in the small print on the website Capacity: Min 8 - Max 100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

Trip to the Dogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭mel(",)

if your in dublin/lenister area seen fairyhouse racecourse offering BBQ nights for 55 euro p.p through june and july

• Advertisement
Advertisement