Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You can buy the controller on it's own, in which case it won't come with the receiver you need. I'm sure I saw a pack with both though, in Peats, where you get both the controller and the receiver. Otherwise you'd need to get the controller and receiver seperately.

Or you could get the wired controller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Yep. If you go for the Wireless controller, then you would need the wireless receiver to go with it. (Basically a USB dongle that plugs in to listen for the Controller)

The software should all come in the pack with the wireless receiver.

As an aside, If you've already got a Wired Controller for your 360 then you can just plug it in and go to Here on the Microsoft Web Site to download the software and you're ready to go.

There's no difference between the XBox 360 Controller for Windows and a regular controller for the 360, it's the same piece of kit. The only difference is you get the drivers (which you can download separately anyway).

Also - a play and charge cable does not a wired controller make, it still counts as a wireless controller and would need the receiver.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Cheers Lads,

I have wireless controllers for the 360 already.

Does this mean all I need is a wireless receiver and I'm laughing??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yes, just the dongle/receiver and you're off.

http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=&mid=329957

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Be aware that the wireless dongle sucks a lot of juice through the USB ports and that it has caused problems on some pcs
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/24/widespread-issues-with-xbox-360-wireless-receiver-for-windows/

• Advertisement
Advertisement