Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating Content on Wikipedia

Options
  • 06-09-2007 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I've signed up to Wikipedia and I'd like to create some new content that's not coevered by Wikipedia already. I've looked through their Guide/Help system for creating new content but it doesn't seem terribly clear. It states that you can request something be created or go and do it yourself but I can't see how this is done.

Has anyone here ever started a new article on Wikipedia? Can you point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Content

I'll assume its english content you want to create ? :)

you have the word or the phrase enter it in .. if it doesn't exist well you've the option to edit it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ahem, that seems very straightfoward. It is indeed english content. Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

yep it is ... its the beauty of it and its use of mod rewrite

just change the url to your word and away you go ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 BSmith

The easy arsed way of doing things is to look to a page on a similar subject to the one you want to publish. Click on the top tab (edit this page), see how things are arranged, what tags are used... then build a new page based on that.

To start a new page, enter your topic name or sentence, etc exactly as you wish for your page to appear - ie "Irish Aviation History". Click create new page, etc... and build away!

After three or four articles you get the brief.

Advertisement