Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Battery tests in Halfords?

Options
  • 06-09-2007 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I did a quick search and had a look at the charter and i didnt see anything relating to this....

Anyone know if they do a battery test service in Halfords? I was told by a friend from England before that they do but im not sure if that applies to Irish stores aswell.

Any help would be well appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

In the UK they have dedicated Ripspeed stores! Its a bit like Advance Pitstop but for mods to your car. Im sure this is where they can check your battery. The best thing to do is just call into Quick fit tyres centres and they should do it FOC.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Can you really trust a battery test performed by a place that sells batteries?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Mr Soft

i see, well cheers for the heads up

i'll just try that so

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

spockety wrote:
    Can you really trust a battery test performed by a place that sells batteries?

:rolleyes:

Thats the same as saying can you trust the opinion of quick fit whether your tires/exhaust/brakes etc need replacing.Can you trust anyone about anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

we have a machine at work that tests the battery and gives a printout, we use it for warranty claims, I presume Halfords would have a similar one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement