Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

99 Alfa 156 - any known problems?

Options
  • 06-09-2007 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

I've recently purchased a 99 Alfa Romeo 156, and having never driven this model or any Alfa before and knowing relatively little I figured I'd find out any common problems the car has so I may know in advance if anything ever happens....

The most common worry among many I've talked to is the timing belt. I've had the timing belt done a week after buying the car, so that's no longer an issue.... I haven't found anything else wrong with it yet, although compared to my corolla it's a good deal heavier on the petrol... :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

md99 wrote:
    I've recently purchased a 99 Alfa Romeo 156, and having never driven this model or any Alfa before and knowing relatively little I figured I'd find out any common problems the car has so I may know in advance if anything ever happens....

The most common worry among many I've talked to is the timing belt. I've had the timing belt done a week after buying the car, so that's no longer an issue.... I haven't found anything else wrong with it yet, although compared to my corolla it's a good deal heavier on the petrol... :D
    Its gotta be a troll..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

ooh no....................

here we go again.............

I can hear the stampeed of trolls in the distance.................. :rolleyes:

edit: yellow beat me to it :D

edit again: go me!! just passed 100 posts!! :cool: PMSL!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Right seeing as we have been here before :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    hopefully this link will stop this Thread in its tracks :D:D
    http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=7&

I think he mentions practically every part which fails including the dealers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

As it doesn't look like md99 posts in here a lot, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and suggest a use of the search tool.

Think searching for Alfa 156 might bring up a few results......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

if you are really interested in 156's then you need to visit here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

MD99, Its a lovely car. Enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

lovely looking car, really nice to drive and great value fr money.
    If you've got the belt done you've got a lot less to worry.

Check the oil at least every 1000miles, the tsparks use a lot. Hopefully you bought a well serviced one.

The bushes on the suspension go a lot as well. Other than that theres a few electrical niggles that affect all european cars.

I bet you love it a lot more than your corolla!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

R.O.R wrote:
    As it doesn't look like md99 posts in here a lot, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and suggest a use of the search tool.

Think searching for Alfa 156 might bring up a few results......
    804 posts is a lot more than you...gotta be a troll...I'm not even going to justfiy adding to it except this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

md99 wrote:

I love these posts, it generates so much fun and ........ Just couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

despite my 'handle' I've just emailed off to UK about buying an AR - so, if it works out (GT diesel), I'll post it up here next week.........:D :D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

galwaytt wrote:
    despite my 'handle' I've just emailed off to UK about buying an AR - so, if it works out (GT diesel), I'll post it up here next week.........:D :D

Had an eye on this one myself:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=786042

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Flux capacitor failure at 100000km, chipped windscreen is a known fault from pidgeons and solar flares can affect handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭kyote00

in a 156, you generally need to carry a stick also .... to fight off all the women

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

kyote00 wrote:
    in a 156, you generally need to carry a stick also .... to fight off all the women
    I know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I often wondered what the white stick in the rear window was for!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

kyote00 wrote:
    The only known way of pulling a woman in an Alfa Romeo is with a towbar attached to it......it's a FIAT ffs:rolleyes: Alfa Romeo's are a myth that gullible people fall for.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

junkyard wrote:
    The only known way of pulling a woman in an Alfa Romeo is with a towbar attached to it......it's a FIAT ffs:rolleyes: Alfa Romeo's are a myth that gullible people fall for.
    Come on, junkyard. We all know you can be a lot funnier than that.

Advertisement