Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Req] Pavorotti

Options
  • 06-09-2007 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

With no intentions of being disrespectful on the death of a performer, can I put out a request to post here any of the jokes that will circulate on the event over the next few days. Obviously leave it for a few days, but if you happen to be e-mailed or texted something on the event (that’s a natural joke as opposed to one that is manufactured and not funny), please share with your fellow humour forum regulars so we can all be “first in the know”.

Yet again, no disrespect to Pavorotti. But you know the way it goes. Jokes will always circulate.

May he Rest In Peace.

Thanks In Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

heard on the radio:

pavarotti's wife is looking to have the funeral on the cheap. She's looking for a coffin for a tenor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Yes, but who will carry said coffin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭TeenageKicks

In the same vein

Had a bet yesterday that Pavarotti would live to be 100.

That's another tenor I lost...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

I heard he was a bit of a primadonna ! Always putting on Arias and graces ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sue0707

FrCrilly wrote:
    Hi All,

With no intentions of being disrespectful on the death of a performer, can I put out a request to post here any of the jokes that will circulate on the event over the next few days. Obviously leave it for a few days, but if you happen to be e-mailed or texted something on the event (that’s a natural joke as opposed to one that is manufactured and not funny), please share with your fellow humour forum regulars so we can all be “first in the know”.

Yet again, no disrespect to Pavorotti. But you know the way it goes. Jokes will always circulate.

May he Rest In Peace.

Thanks In Advance

st peter opens the pearly gates and says 'oh it's you luciano, come on in. squeeze through'.
    pavarotti says 'hold on, i've got an envelope for you, from the pope.'
    st peter opens it up and reads it.
    'HERE'S THAT TENOR I OWE YOU'

The Pavarotti family have ordered an extra large hearse for the funeral. It's a Nissan Dorma!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

hang on he's what now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

There's a sale on the three tenor's in concert cd.

There's a tenor off it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

What do you call someone who thinks they are an opera singer ?

Placebo Domingo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

lol you all deserve to burn in hell :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

lol'd at the lot of them:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭drunk_monk

what a great loss,can sympathise with his family remember how i felt when i lost a tenner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

These are taken from Sickipedia:

Whats worse than being Madeleine McCann's parents?
    Being Pavaroiit's Pall Bearer.

They are replacing Pavarotti in the three tenors with Elton John.
    They are gona be called the two tenors and a nine bob note.

I had a phone call fron the Pavarotti family today, so I got to work. i went down to B&Q, got a sheet of MDF for €5.65, glue for €1.90, handles and screws for €1.50 and some varnish for 80c.
    See you can make a coffin for a tenor...

The Grim Reaper had a terrible day yesterday, so he cheered himself up - he took a a tenor and went to the pub.

The national pallbearers' union is up in arms over low pay.
    Apparently at the Pavarotti funeral they're getting 12 for a tenor.

There is more ones on Sickipedia that i didnt post here as some are sh'ite and others are not suitable to this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

Tickets are on sale for Pavarotti's funeral. They're only a Tenor

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I think it should be free entry to all the grub at the wake if someone can come up with a gag that doesnt play on the word "tenor". Second prize is a tenor. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

My favourite so far is....

I can sympathise with the Italians after the death of Pavorotti
    I know what it's like to lose a tenner...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

They're having a funeral buffet for Pavarotti, all you can eat for a tenor.
    With the death of Pavarotti the remaining two tenors are to be known a twenty quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

Luciano Pavarotti recently celebrated his 70th birthday.
    Reportedly, friends gave him a cake and good friends gave him several cakes.

and no menion of 5 euro by 2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I got two tickets to Pavarotti's funeral the other day for only a fiver each.

Not bad for a tenor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

What is Pavarotti's wife getting for
    Christmas? A smaller turkey.

I went to watch Pavarotti last year in concert. He's was a miserable bastard. Didn't like anybody joining in.

Whats Italian, fat and dead ?
    Thousands of dead fat Italians.

Pavarotti's wife did the lottery last week. She got three numbers, just about makes up for the tenor she lost.

What's the difference between Steve Fosset's wife and Pavarotti's wife?
    Pavrotti's wife got to keep the private plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

burn in hell you sickos ...

man i love these threads :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement