Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCI Daughterboard...

Options
  • 06-09-2007 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for something that will add an extra PCI slot to my machine. I've only got one regular PCI slot which is in use (wireless card), but I've an X-Fi I'd like to put in.

I'd rather not sacrifice the wireless card for something such as a USB based Wifi dealy as I've enough USB stuff going on. Plus the wireless card works just dandy at the moment :)

I've plenty of free PCI Express slots; such thing as a PCI adapter for PCI Express, does anyone know? Or a similar solution?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Why not get a pci-e x1 wireless card, and stick a x-fi in the pci slot. Problem solved. The only problem is finding a pcie x1 wireless card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Hey Anti,

Yeah, I could do that. But if possible, I'd rather not buy anything superfluous... Was kinda hoping a PCI daughterboard of some kind wouldn't be too expensive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Abit make a PCI-E wireless card, easier to source than the convertor you're talking about, + the chances of it fitting in your case are slim as the convertor will raise the card anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You can get risers which can give more than one slot but it will be very messy if not impractical without a case intended for risers.

Actually PCI-e X-Fi's are coming soon but as luck would have it Komplett have the Abit PCI-e Wireless card so that is the easiest solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Well now, don't I feel quite the fool... Turns out my board (upon opening up the case) actually DOES have an additional PCI slot! :p The documentation I found on the web for it said otherwise.

Thanks for the help anyway, guys. Much appreciated, as always! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement