Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gavin Duffy and Gormley Head to Head

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

i've sent this off tonight,the afar website also aplauds the gluring of locks on a sports shop in dublin because it sold bullets.i've just sent it to the examiner, didn't se his letter anywhere else

Dear editor,
    I was intrigued to read a letter penned by Gerry Boland in support of the Green Party’s opposition to hunting. Is it mere coincidence that the Green Party’s animals rights policy was partly written by a Gerry Boland? One of four members of it’s policy group.
    The group Alliance for animal rights (Afar) was set up by Gerry Boland almost 20 years ago, and campaigns forcibly for, the abolition of medical research with animals, the abolition of beef farming, and is currently running an internet campaign against St. Joseph's School & Services for the Visually Impaired, as that charity is using Greyhound Racing to fundraise for its cause.
    I would hope the Green Party is drawing from the views of more tolerant people when formulating policies, rather than from their current strange bed fellows.
    The new Minister for Heritage should show some tolerance towards the heritage of others even if like his party they are a small minority.
    Bryan Long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

so they printed my letter without the most important line, leaving a pretty weak and crap letter

I WAS intrigued by the letter from Gerry Boland (September 11) in support of the Green Party’s opposition to hunting.

Is it mere coincidence that the party’s animals rights policy was partly written by a Gerry Boland?

The group Alliance For Animal Rights (Afar) was set up by Mr Boland 17 years ago(THEY CORRECTED MY ALMOST 20 YEARS WITH THE EXACT FIGURE,FUNNY THAT) and campaigns for the abolition of medical research with animals and the abolition of beef farming.

I would hope the Green Party is drawing from the views of more tolerant people when formulating policies in government.

The new Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government, John Gormley, should show some tolerance towards the heritage of others even if, like his party, they are a small minority.

Bryan Long
    Co Cork

Advertisement