Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wiring Diagram For 01 MK2 fiat punto ELX

Options
  • 06-09-2007 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi,

I decided to install an alarm in my punto. But I haven't been able find any wiring diagrams for the fusebox. I'm trying to wire in the remote central locking, hazard lights and remote engine start but it is fairly difficult to locate these connection. Does anyone out there have a info on the wiring. ANy help at all would be greatly appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How good are you at auto electrics?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

As above,also what years the car?Any factory immobilisor?

It's a 2001 Punto ELX, so it'll have a FIAT CODE ibbobiliser. Reason I asked about the OP's ability is that most experienced electricians (who are the only people who should attempt a top end alarm) wouldn't usually need a diagram to pinpoint the appropriate wiring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

i might be wrong but i think there is one in the handbook for the car

there wasn't one in mine. there is one in the haynes manual though.
    92_2.JPG

• Advertisement

From my own notes i've got these wires tagged - off a 00 punto

Starter - brown
    Ignition - orange

C/L - negative
    Lock - whiteblack
    Unlock - blue/black

Indicators
    pink + pink/black

Door trigger
    Black/yellow

Make sure to go over everything in the first case with a DMM,I also wouldnt reccomend adding remote start if theres an onboard immobilisor

also remote start on a manual car is asking for trouble.

Its dependant on the brand of alarm really.

I have remote start on my manual car but the alarm needs to be "primed" to remote start hence stopping me from starting the car in gear

how do you mean "primed"? you have to set it before you leave the car beforehand?

Mine's not manual, so it isn't an issue, starter motor won't turn if it's in gear anyway.

When the cars stopped,handbrake on and in neutral,you press a combination of 2buttons on the fob,then get out and arm the alarm.By pressing the combination the alarm knows its now safe to remote start the next time you wish to start the car.

Altho each time you wish to start you need to enter the combination,once the alarm has been disarmed or if its triggered in anyway it resets the system.

• Advertisement
Advertisement