Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost and Confused!!

Options
  • 06-09-2007 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

So there I was in Easons (dunno what street but it was near The Body Shop) and I decided to ask the girls there for directions to Galway Shopping Centre. I kinda realised it'd be a bit of a walk but that was ok. So she was all 'go right and right again and left and right and right and left.' I wrote this all down in my phone so needless to say I ended up in Salthill or somewhere completely lost. So question, how do I get to Galway Shopping Centre from the main NUIG entrance?
    Thanks,
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Walk from NUIG to Cathedral. From Cathedral over the bridge to the Court House.
    From the Court House Past the Town Hall Theatre and straight out the main Headford Road, until you get to the Galway shopping centre,which is opposite the McDonalds drive thru.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Did you try google and print a map?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Follow signs for Oughterard and Moycullen, turn left at Barna and working your way along the rocks you come to Roundstone - Galway Shopping centre is just past there. You could also follow the river but it doesn't go near the shopping centre so it might not be such a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'll start from Easons as I'll assume you know how to get there.

Continue on up the street past Boots,Hmv,etc until you arrive on Eyre Square.Take the street to your immediate left past Supermacs and you'll reach a shopping centre with Marks and Spencers,Dunnes,etc. Continue on to the right of this building and you'll pass a youth hostel,continue straight and you'll reach a long road.Head up to the right and you'll see Argos and Lidl.Keep heading in the same direction and you'll see a leisure centre with the Galway Shopping Centre further on to the right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

I was just going to suggest wikimapia too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'll start from Easons as I'll assume you know how to get there.

You presume a lot!! I found Easons by complete fluke. That's great though, thanks a million everyone. I actually think I got really close to it at one stage but my stick legs just wanted to go home!! Looking forward to another expedition tomorrow!! (And while I'm here: Galway=most confusing city EVER!! But nice all the same!)

I know the feeling.
    I just moved here to go to NUI Galway and it's a fairly confusing city. I only found out the other day I can walk into Salthil and then to town from my house.

OTher than the main street,I'm lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

JB26 you'll find if you post a pic you may find a willing Galway guide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

(And while I'm here: Galway=most confusing city EVER!! But nice all the same!)
    Yeah, it can be a real maze compared to Tokyo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

MattKid wrote:
    JB26 you'll find if you post a pic you may find a willing Galway guide
    /nod

tman wrote:
    Yeah, it can be a real maze compared to Tokyo...

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Bex81

So there I was in Easons (dunno what street but it was near The Body Shop)
    J

Just so ya know. That main street is called Shop Street. Thats one of the easier ones to remember as it does waht it says on the tin! Its a pretty small city though so it wont take you too long to jet used to it and youll be amazed you were ever confused by it. My advise - keep wandering and getting lost and it will all start to click into place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I live in Dun na Coiribe across from it if ya wanna cup of tea when your over there ya know....holla at yo Bhoy!...seriously though its not that hard to get where you want in this 'city' its the size of a nutsack...on a lighter note, ya know in that Kerry Gold Ad with the French guy and the butter..ya know the did yee miss the boat tut?....do ya think they had sex?...if so ewwwwwwww what kinda slut would have sex with a FRENCH guy!? especially when their guests in some poor naive old guys house, the man gave them potatoes and they repay him with spunkin up his bed clothes....first Ireland lose to the Czech Republic and then I see this strengthening of Irish French relations....I'm saddened...gravely saddened

Actually have realised that Galway is a pretty small city. I've decided that I have no interest in going to Galway Shopping Centre anymore as it is crap. I really only wanted to go to the cinema. Speaking of which, the eye cinema....it's open right? Any good??

(And as for a photo, maybe not.....only recent one I have is from my graduation yesterday where my gown makes me look like the hunchback of Notre Dame!!! Oh, and also I'm scared of perverts!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Actually have realised that Galway is a pretty small city. I've decided that I have no interest in going to Galway Shopping Centre anymore as it is crap. I really only wanted to go to the cinema. Speaking of which, the eye cinema....it's open right? Any good??

Yep, best cinema in Galway

only recent one I have is from my graduation yesterday where my gown makes me look like the hunchback of Notre Dame!!!
    suuuree...the 'ol blame it on "the gown" routine....

(And as for a photo, maybe not.....only recent one I have is from my graduation yesterday where my gown makes me look like the hunchback of Notre Dame!!! Oh, and also I'm scared of perverts!!!!)

Just do what Redhairedguy does and post a link to your bebo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Wompa1 wrote:
    I live in Dun na Coiribe across from it if ya wanna cup of tea when your over there ya know....holla at yo Bhoy!...seriously though its not that hard to get where you want in this 'city' its the size of a nutsack...on a lighter note, ya know in that Kerry Gold Ad with the French guy and the butter..ya know the did yee miss the boat tut?....do ya think they had sex?...if so ewwwwwwww what kinda slut would have sex with a FRENCH guy!? especially when their guests in some poor naive old guys house, the man gave them potatoes and they repay him with spunkin up his bed clothes....first Ireland lose to the Czech Republic and then I see this strengthening of Irish French relations....I'm saddened...gravely saddened

Huh?! WTF?:rolleyes:

Yep, best cinema in Galway

Most important question.....is the popcorn any good??

• Advertisement

It's not bad, same as stuff in the Omniplex really, I have to admit ,since Omniplex has been done up its not that bad, still doesnt beat the Eye but nice all the same.

I love the Omniplex in Cork so I was thinking I'd love the one in Galway but since it took me 40 mins to walk there the other day and the buses confuse the crap out of me I think the eye is a better bet!! As long as I get my popcorn and a barrel of coke its all good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I love the Omniplex in Cork so I was thinking I'd love the one in Galway but since it took me 40 mins to walk there the other day and the buses confuse the crap out of me I think the eye is a better bet!! As long as I get my popcorn and a barrel of coke its all good!!

I find cinema popcorn to be too salty everywhere now. Oh for the days when they'd ladle a cup of melted butter in there for you, but of course the pc thugs have ruined that for everyone, thank you very much!

Oh god no, that melted 'butter' is awful!! I loved when cinemas used to pop the popcorn there and then rather than just use bagged popcorn.....best was when the girl serving me put out a new bag and then dropped 2 euro into it....she had to shovel it all out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Wompa1 wrote:

mmm..well done there chief ! - I'll have some of whatever you're smokin' !!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

What you should do is just take a day to wander around the city, you can never really get all that lost and you'll know where everything is.

Here's where I sound like a grandad.
    When I was younger,the kids in my class would meet up to see a movie and you'd get a ticket,popcorn and coke for 10euros.

I come to Ireland and everythings so damn expensive.You arrive at a movie and pay around 7euros as a student,and as much for popcorn and coke, it's awful.
    You could go to Maccy D's for that price.

It's a shame as it's traditional to go to movies and eat popcorn.

Though who the hell decided on that?Choosing such a noisy snack as the movie staple.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Hey Janeybabe....what are you wearing?, you wanna hook up some time? *jerks head at ya*, maybe go bowling, have a couple beers....see where the night takes us....and ya know just to clear the air first incase it makes you feel awkward after I've rocked your world...I like to cry after sex, its nothing bad really just maybe leave the room for 10 minutes and I'll get through it by myself

Wompa1 wrote:
    Hey Janeybabe....what are you wearing?, you wanna hook up some time? *jerks head at ya*, maybe go bowling, have a couple beers....see where the night takes us....and ya know just to clear the air first incase it makes you feel awkward after I've rocked your world...I like to cry after sex, its nothing bad really just maybe leave the room for 10 minutes and I'll get through it by myself
    LOL! :)

• Advertisement

Wompa1 wrote:

Aww that's so sad!! Tell ya what, I'll ask my boyfriend......oh, he said no, sorry!!! (But on the plus l=side, you have something to cry about now!! :p )

Advertisement