Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Casey

Options
  • 06-09-2007 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Paddy Caseys new album is out 2moro.

Anybody going to get it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

I've hated him ever since he turned up on stage at the Pearl Jam gig last year (I feel a law suite coming :eek: :rolleyes: ), so no.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

Double C wrote:
    I've hated him ever since he turned up on stage at the Pearl Jam gig last year (I feel a law suite coming :eek: :rolleyes: ), so no.

That gig could have been a lot worse for Casey because he did get some polite applause from some quarters and a couple of laughs. Although most of the people around me were not as receptive. I've always found his songs irritating but he seems to be an alright bloke. To be honest, at least he knew that he shouldn't be on the same stage as Pearl Jam. He's a brave man for doing the gig and he did have the courtesy not to play that song.

Shame on the promoters for trying to flog the poor man's album to grunge fans really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Paddy Casey's recent stuff is so horribly bland its sickening
    what makes matters worse s that his debut album Amen wasnt bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I was down at an "event" in kilkee over the weekend. Didn't see him myself, but every single person that passed us after the gig finished (about 40 people I think), said he was absolute sh1t. He played on for an extra half hour after the gig finished and there were only 10 people left in the tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Paddy Casey's recent stuff is so horribly bland its sickening
    what makes matters worse s that his debut album Amen wasnt bad

Yeah, I thought Amen was very decent. He's gone progressively blander since then though. Shame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

He's gotten blander, and sold more. Happens to many musicians. In my opinion, his debut was only decent, the new stuff is very, very bland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

dead air wrote:
    That gig could have been a lot worse for Casey because he did get some polite applause from some quarters and a couple of laughs. Although most of the people around me were not as receptive. I've always found his songs irritating but he seems to be an alright bloke. To be honest, at least he knew that he shouldn't be on the same stage as Pearl Jam. He's a brave man for doing the gig and he did have the courtesy not to play that song.

Shame on the promoters for trying to flog the poor man's album to grunge fans really.

met him a few times, he's an iggnorant c***, arse hole to put it right!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Spider_Baby

hyn-zie wrote:

I dont think I'd agree with that. I've met him a couple of times, seems to be a bit shy around people though which can come across as ignorant I guess. Seemed like a nice guy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've met Paddy a few times too... Nice guy, definitely shy though.

New album is better than Living, but not as good as Amen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

In that song called Saints And Sinners or some such, I always think he's singing "Lenny Watkins be a star". That's the only opinion I have of him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

hyn-zie wrote:

this attitude kinda pisses me off. He has no obligation to be any way toward you. He could have been having a bad day.

Not that i'm a big fan or anything but what kind of person he is matters less than his music to me. Look at van morrison, horrible bloke but one of ireland finest artists. Leadbelly to name another 'great guy' got out of jail on numerous charges due to what his lawyers put down to ' cultural significance to music' he was also convicted for murder and suspected for nu,erours other cases... great music though.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

lordgoat wrote:
    this attitude kinda pisses me off. He has no obligation to be any way toward you. He could have been having a bad day.

Not that i'm a big fan or anything but what kind of person he is matters less than his music to me. Look at van morrison, horrible bloke but one of ireland finest artists. Leadbelly to name another 'great guy' got out of jail on numerous charges due to what his lawyers put down to ' cultural significance to music' he was also convicted for murder and suspected for nu,erours other cases... great music though.

Thats fair enough, but i also know he's a egotistic b*!?*, he think's he is gods gift to music, a friend of mine was working in a studio with him and threated them like **** because his guitar was about a centimetre off not standing right on his guitar stand, arse hole????? i think so, Bein famous with a good attitude is what people are looking for, and he's a grumphy f*** cause he can't drink because his liver is scared from phemonia, it's like he has the world on his shoulders!!! he's a muppet

Advertisement