Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would love freedom fighters 2?

Options
  • 06-09-2007 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Well i played freedom fighters and finished it, the multiplayer on it was great, just a pitty they never made a second one. any1 else think the same? any cool ideas for a second? Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

I remember playing the first one Cant say im mad about a second

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The run and gun gameplay was great, the Mercenaries engine would serve such a game well, although perhaps a reworking of the original rather than a sequel, seeing as few people were lucky enough to have played the first one.
    I could see our hero running about a major american state, making deals with militias and kicking Soviet ass!
    Perhaps you could switch sides and hunt freedom fighters, sorry they would be domestic agitators in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

ye're talking about the xbox/ps2 game? One of the first I completed on xbox but not the best by a long shot. Give me a chronicles of riddick sequel and i'll get excited!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd love to see another freedom fighters. Only played the original a few weeks ago and thought it was brilliant. The squad mechanism was very user friendly and worked well, the soundtrack was brilliant and I loved the way you had to work yourself around enemy defenses rather than take them head on. The way completed missions would effect what was going on in the other areas of the game was also quite original. It wasn't perfect but was great fun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Its one of my favourite older games. I dunno how many times i've played it. I just really enjoy the gameplay. Although i couldnt play it on the PS2, as i thought the controls were horrible. Its much better (imo) on the pc. Although i'm guessing there was only multiplayer on the console version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Strange, I was just thinking about digging this out again a few days ago. Must be subliminal World In Conflict links :). Yup loved the original, unpretentious fun, with a stunning Jesper Kyd soundtrack.

Advertisement