Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jeremy Clarkson's infamous Vauxhall Vectra test

Options
  • 06-09-2007 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know where I could find on the internet the test of the then new Vauxhall Vectra(the car that was the second generation Opel Vectra for us), where Jeremy Clarkson started taling about how the clock in the Vectra was made and how it calibrated its time or something(I think). It was the one where he absolutely slated the car. I think it waas back in 1996. I know the car was laucnched in 1995. I can't find it on You Tube anywhere. I can only find the comparison of the Vectra VXR/OPC vs the Mazda 6 MPS vs the Ford Monndeo St220, but thats not the one I want.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I've been dying to see it, cause I've never ever seen it, but I've heard so much about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is that one where the only thing he liked was the Dan Dare style door mirrors. He likened it to a glass of tap water if its the same one. Vauxhall were less than gruntled.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

mike65 wrote:
    Is that one where the only thing he liked was the Dan Dare style door mirrors. He likened it to a glass of tap water if its the same one. Vauxhall were less than gruntled.

Mike.

He said the greatest innovation was a little tube in the fuel filler flap to help take the dust caps off the tyres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

He said the greatest innovation was a little tube in the fuel filler flap to help take the dust caps off the tyres.

Is that what that thing is?! It's on the Corsa too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Thanks for the responses lads. The link to the Astra says in the comment box that the Vectra video will be uploaded soon - can't wait:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I have read about this and it was supposed to be so bad the BBC nearly got sued very severly. I thought he mentioned the only postive was when you turned the wheel the tyres moved

Is it true he ended the test by catapulting the car in the air - or was that something else...
    (for shame I have an astra! although its the new one - serious improvement- joking about the for shame - i do love my baby)

Advertisement