Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vista + usb nightmare

• 06-09-2007 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

since sunday ive been getting a problem when i connect a usb device - any usb device, vista tries to install the device again and says it cannot find the driver, it asks for a manufacturer cd or gives an option to browse the pc if i tell it to scan the pc on c:\ it finds the driver .

Problem is this happens every time i reconnect the device. and we are talking basic devices here like a mouse and keyboard ( very basic ones also ms branded) :-( and also happens with web cam mp3 player external hard drive ..............

the only thing i could think of that i installed was nokia pc suite which i have removed and i have also reinstalled all of the USB section in device manager.

any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

make sure you plug them back into the usb you had them in the first place? label the usb and sockets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

papu wrote:
    make sure you plug them back into the usb you had them in the first place? label the usb and sockets

doesnt help i get it regardless of whether or not i use the same port
    i also get the attached error on some of the devices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

calex71 wrote:
    doesnt help i get it regardless of whether or not i use the same port

i also get the attached error on some of the devices

i dunno man , im running vista the back ports work fine the only problem is i need to plug my digicam into the usb on the right on the front of my case or else it does what u say , driver missing ect ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Have you got an NVIDIA motherboard plus 2GB of RAM ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

i should have said its a laptop, but no matter anyway , after trying to replace some inf files mentioned in google searches i ended up backing up data and reimaging which fixed the problem . As i said the only thing that changed on the system was that i plugged in a ms keyboard and installed nokia pc suite either of those my have caused the problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement