Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do?

Options
  • 06-09-2007 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

I'm in a bit of a situation and I need the advice of others that have experience in this asap as i'm in the process of choosing my subjects for LC!

What are your thoughts on...

Home Ec?
    and
    Economics?

I've heard home ec is soooo difficult for LC but I enjoy it and I got an A in it in the JC. Only thing is tho, I don't know if it will mean me having to dedicate a lot of my study time to textile crafts and all! What do u think?

Also, I've never actually done economics but have been told its an easy A subject? Is this a load of waffle or what? I'd really appreciate people's views on this! Thanks a mil! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

I'm in a bit of a situation and I need the advice of others that have experience in this asap as i'm in the process of choosing my subjects for LC!

What are your thoughts on...

Home Ec?
    and
    Economics?

I've heard home ec is soooo difficult for LC but I enjoy it and I got an A in it in the JC. Only thing is tho, I don't know if it will mean me having to dedicate a lot of my study time to textile crafts and all! What do u think?
    No you don't have to do textiles...unless your teacher is a tard of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I never did Economics for the LC but picked it up so easily in college. Having said that, business related subjects have always appealed to me so you really need a head for that sort of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

i hope people gets this into their heads that economics is only an easy A if you spend the time and work at it. because their is no way in hell of u getting an A in it ( unless ure very lucky ) if u put less work into economics than in other subjects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TheInvisibleFie

If you like home ec do home ec. It's that simple. Apparently Economics really depends on the teacher and the books aren't great (didn't do the subject - just heard). Anyway, if you don't like it you're not giong to bother working hard to get the A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Coco88

The teacher I have . Provides plenty of tests and plenty of handouts . And no I would not recommend anybody to do economics if there not willing to work at the standard of a student who would want a A1 . If you believe I’m incorrect try and study two and a haft copies of economics . And exam questions on that as well . Not so unproblematic at all . And learn diagrams as well . Not a easy subject at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

If you like Home Ec and work at it you'll get the A...I didnt do it for the Junior Cert and got an A1 in my leaving this year..I actually found it one of the easiest subjects to study...all the info is there and you learn it off...its not very hard in my opinion...

As for Economics...Id advise Business over it, business is meant to be the "easier" of the two...but having said that...study and put in the effort and you'll do fine at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

I did both, and to be honest neither are a simple yes or no.

Home Ec is a woefully unfair subject that requires you to learn oceans of material that won't come up in the exam, while it hones in on 3/4 unpredictable and usually a bit absurd topics... It's marked very strictly and has one of the lowest A and B percentage grades of any subject.....

Economics was once a subject that was simple with a little understanding and lots of definitions and a few diagrams. It was rote learnable... Now, it is also, but not nearly to the extent it was before. Also, a good teacher is usually required..... Or you'll be totally lost. It's not one to teach/cram yourself by any means....

RP Rating: Economics
    POSTDATA: Economics

Advertisement