Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help, ripped off by 1and1

Options
  • 06-09-2007 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Okay, I bought a domain in February from them which I apparently got "2 free" domains as well as the one I bought, so I decided to use the third one, and apparently they charged $5.99 a few months ago around when I made it, but it didn't bother me much.

Normally I pay $15 every 3 months, right? Well, I had to pay $29.97 last month, and I didn't notice until now; I want my money refunded and the plan canceled, but I'm having a problem with contacting them.

I try to call their billing line, and I waited for about 10 minutes, didn't get a response, so I hung up, and now I'm here =/; has anyone else been ripped off by 1and1?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

Probably best to keep trying on the phone or email their support and give them 48 hours to reply. You won't get your problem solved by any of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

as was already said it sounds like an issue you've got to take up with them ... you've 1 post .. and the first thing you do seems to be talk about billing issues with this company .. I'd recommend a mod delete the thread

Start a support ticket with them / ring them ... and hold the line ... hold the line ... until you get through to them ... 10 minutes is a good while ... but I've had to deal with NTL / Eircom / BT before so you can have quite a wait time ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

I have had major billing issues with 1and1 in the past which resulted in me dropping them. They screwed me out of approximately 300 sterling on one of their hosting packages for additional bandwidth which I never wanted or asked for, the filthy buggers.

Get your accounts sorted and move to a better (Irish maybe?) host ASAP.

I don't see why the OP can't ask a question about 1and1 if he hasn't been able to get in contact with their support. Obviously he should keep trying but this thread isn't doing any harm to anyone. Is this not what a forum is for? (que a mod coming in and saying this isn't a 1and1 support forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

guess I'm just getting wary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 glengara

3 for 1, so the domains are free but you have to pay for the hosting?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

if only all this was in their T&Cs!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

que a mod coming in and saying this isn't a 1and1 support forum
    And you'd be right too.

OP, if you have a problem with your provider, take it up with them. We won't be able to do anything to help you here. However, as kbannon suggests I recommend that you should take a look at the terms and conditions of your contract with 1&1 to make sure that there isn't an error on your part.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement