Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ign.ie - Irish Gaming Network

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Press start

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I think you should put .ie in the image on the top left of the home page too to make it clear that this is not IGN.com sa I know just looking at the page, reminds me of IGN.com.

I also don't like the logo and think it is too simplistic and red is IGN's colour for their icon. Why not go with an army green that has something to do with Ireland and differentiates it from IGN.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

brim4brim wrote:
    I think you should put .ie in the image on the top left of the home page too to make it clear that this is not IGN.com sa I know just looking at the page, reminds me of IGN.com.

I also don't like the logo and think it is too simplistic and red is IGN's colour for their icon. Why not go with an army green that has something to do with Ireland and differentiates it from IGN.com.
    Thanks for the suggestions, we have been looking at how we can fix up the site so it doesn't look as though where trying to work of IGN.com's success!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

I know this page is new in its infancy etc but I read the front page in about 8 seconds.. you need to be able to scroll right down the page..

Have a look at www.esreality.com.. lots to look at..

Get rid of the huge mailing list thing

Maybe something like www.tehwire.com .. some player generated news..

It should be a collaboration of international and irish gaming news, with player submitted content, actually it would be nice to know what is going on in all aspects of the irish community, quake, ut, cs, wow, etc, etc, etc.

Without player submitted news it will just be token day old international news thrown up that everyone has seen before.

jonny72 wrote:
    I know this page is new in its infancy etc but I read the front page in about 8 seconds.. you need to be able to scroll right down the page..

Have a look at www.esreality.com.. lots to look at..

Get rid of the huge mailing list thing

Maybe something like www.tehwire.com .. some player generated news..

It should be a collaboration of international and irish gaming news, with player submitted content, actually it would be nice to know what is going on in all aspects of the irish community, quake, ut, cs, wow, etc, etc, etc.

Without player submitted news it will just be token day old international news thrown up that everyone has seen before.
    Thanks for the feedback, i changed the logo so it has '.ie' in it and also we where working on a player submitted news, you just beat us there before we got it finished;), but its all working now, players can submit their own news and people can comment on it.

We'll have a look at the mailing list box later.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I notice the release dates on the front page make no mention of Company of Heroes : OF being released today .

It is on there now but it says it is the GOTY edition , which isn't released yet to the best of my (limited) knowledge .

jonski wrote:
    It is on there now but it says it is the GOTY edition , which isn't released yet to the best of my (limited) knowledge .
    Im just off the phone with the guy that looks after the release and it'll all be sorted in a few! Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

hows it going folks?

My names Dan and im doing marketing for IGN.ie

its an irish website dedicated to reviewing and previewing games across all formats and also has a large discussion forum.. both on and off topic of games..

we'd love to see a few of the boards.ie faces around there, and hopefully we can get a good strong membership base to rival other sites

the url is http://www.ign.ie/

hope to see you there

-Dan
    IGN.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

DanOB wrote: »
    we'd love to see a few of the boards.ie faces around there, and hopefully we can get a good strong membership base to rival other sites

Tying to take on IGN.com, eh?:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

omg im already registered lol

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Threads merged.
    My names Dan and im doing marketing for IGN.ie

its an irish website dedicated to reviewing and previewing games across all formats and also has a large discussion forum.. both on and off topic of games..

Hello Dan... I've merged the threads as somebody posted about IGN.ie last year, and, whatever about the main site, could you please not market other discussion forums here on boards. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

monument wrote: »
    Threads merged.

Hello Dan... I've merged the threads as somebody posted about IGN.ie last year, and, whatever about the main site, could you please not market other discussion forums here on boards. Thanks.
    no problem chief

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Man that site looks fugly to me.

no problem chief

At the same time feal free to post any genraly news about IGN.ie - any events you're running, or new site features etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

country specific gaming website? doesn't strike me as the best idea. These things are best kept global.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Syke5

i think we shud make one irish gaming "NATION" and then make accounts for all the games we can find and spread irish influence around and then we would be like a world gaming power or somin like that just have abunch of diff irish clans join under one name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭SadisticSilence

I'm not too sure about this but is the US Company were to take legal action but if they did take action, wouldn't they have to buy the .ie domain if they wanted it simply because it's older?

they honestly i dont think care about irish gaming nation or clans so...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

wow... you might want to put a captcha in your comments section

:D

http://www.ign.ie/article-news/28-Havok-Wins-Big-In-Vegas.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Joined up there.. looking forward to seeing the place grow in the next while.

they have like 70 ppl there are also other irish gaming websites also

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Brianb8802

jonski wrote: »
    I have no problem joining it to increase your numbers but I have no intention of setting up an email address just for it and I have no assurance of how my email address will be secured .

You should use www.mailinator.com if your worried about your email address, you dont need to sign up. I.e. fill out the form on ign.ie with jonski@mailinator.com and then just visit the mailinator website and type jonski into the box on the top left and hey presto theres your confirmation email from ign.ie

Brianb8802 wrote: »
    You should use www.mailinator.com if your worried about your email address, you dont need to sign up. I.e. fill out the form on ign.ie with jonski@mailinator.com and then just visit the mailinator website and type jonski into the box on the top left and hey presto theres your confirmation email from ign.ie

You sir , have gone straight to the top of my "person I most need to thank" list and I believe you will stay there for a long time .

ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Brianb8802 wrote: »

That's pretty sweet alright. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

please get rid of the affiliates.
    Move the ADD BANNER to way top

and get rid of search/bebo and make the logo for IGN.ie bigger and centred

jonski wrote: »
    You sir , have gone straight to the top of my "person I most need to thank" list and I believe you will stay there for a long time .

Ya tis handy site, if you want to get to the inbox even quicker just visit jonski.mailinator.com

With an open email address linked to the website account, what exactly will stop anybody for accessing and posting under his user name???

• Advertisement

They only send an activation link to you so nobody can log into your account, they can only activate it.

I Think

Advertisement