Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

AC/DC Bon or Brian

• 06-09-2007 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Bon or Brian: Discuss

AC/DC one of the ubermeisters of heavy rock, but who do you prefer Bon Scott or Brian Johnson. I'm most definitely a Bon man myself. That squeal of his voice really does sound like a 30odd year old rough and ready guy who cant believe his luck to be in a rock band shagging groupies and drinking whiskey everyday, so much so it kills him.

Whereas Brian Johnson and his innuendoes seem more likely to be found in a Carry On film, sink the pink, lets get it up etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

i'm a brian fan mostly because the first AC DC album I heard was Back in Black...thats about the only reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Definitely Brian. I think I just prefer his vocals to Bon overall.
    Whereas Brian Johnson and his innuendoes seem more likely to be found in a Carry On film, sink the pink, lets get it up etc

You can't possibly blame all that on Brian, I mean the innuendos and whatnot are pretty much what the bands music is all about. It it was present in the band's music when Bon was around too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Bon of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Brian!! Bon Scott was one of a kind BUT who would have thought that AC/DC comes back with such a brilliant vocalist and Back in Black??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Its gotta be Bon based on the quality of the releases. Back in Black might be the best AC/DC album but the rest of Johnson era albums are average to down right awful. He's been living off BinB ever since. A great voice can't hide sh*te songs.
    Bon had the voice, the songs and the persona and the album covers were way better in his time too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Bon Scott without question.

Just for the record Back in Black was already being recorded when Bon passed away. There are (allegedly) demos of Bon singing on a few tracks.

I think Brian is great, but Bon truly was the 'front man' of AC/DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Brian gets my vote. Most of the AC/DC albums I have are of the Brian-era anyway, so I just got used to his singing. That said, 'Let There Be Rock' sounds better with Bon Scott in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eddiec85

personally for me i luv Bon Scott great voice great lyricist great character and greatest front man ever . miss him every day . but Angus and Mal must bless themselves every day at finding such a great replacement as Brian Johnson i really don't believe any one on earth could have done a good a job as him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I think I prefer Bon's voice, but I prefer the songs from Brain's era. On the few songs I've heard them both sing (e.g. let there be rock) Bon's better though...

On an aside, they ever gonna tour again??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

dulpit wrote:
    On an aside, they ever gonna tour again??

Possibly, usually bands tour when they release a new album, and they are in the process of making a new album. We live in hope.

• Advertisement
Advertisement