Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is my scaffold ok

Options
  • 06-09-2007 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

so last wednesday igot a scaffold done on my right ear..theres a bar going straight through it,it was extremely painful bt is feeling better now,although it is itchy at times,also a lumop has formed on the outside of the lower hole,igot it done in navan bt was in snakebite today n the guy had look at it for me n was none to impressed sid it was a little of position n not to use the solution iwas told to use by them..he said it had a 50/50 chance now i myself think it looks pretty cool bt am worried now any help would be appreciated..:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Do you've any pictures of it? Hard to tell really without a picture. Seems that lump could be one of two things though *i think*:
    Keloid or Hypertrophic Scarring.

What have you been cleaning it with? Was it a reputable piercer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 lmc11

ican tput a pic up jst yet igot it done in navan in a new enough place so not to sure bout the piercer..it was a woman..ididnt tink it would be so painful..the lump is directly over the peircing..iwas cleanig it with this 'metal morphisis'solution n warm water n salt,bt now idnt no wat to do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 billybong.....

here is a pic of the scaffold...

2007_090621st0292.jpg

tank billybong for that..iv jst managed to push the top of the bar dwn a little to giv the bottom more rm unless that caused the lump doh i dnt tink it did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

from the pic it looks like its under pressure i.e the bar is too short, you can see it yourself, the back of the ear is crumpled in... to releive the pressure maybe buy to circular barbells and put them into each piercing, will reeive the pressure on your ear and once its healed you can pop back in the long barbell??
    just a suggestion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

it looks a bit tight like the bar is too short,Do salt soaks once or twice a day it should really help

too be honest the thought of goin back n gettn the bar taken out n 2 hoops put in icouldnt go through wit it,ipushed the top of the bar down a little the other night and THE PAIN all that nite n d nxt day..dnt no wat to do its nt hurtn me now bt idnt want to move it anymore hopefully it wont permanently disfigure the bottom of my ear..oh and il try soakin it in salty water..tanks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

make sure its sea salt,and the water is warm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

well the bar has manged to move itself down probably while im asleep,and ders more room at the botom but now on the inside of the top bar theres a sore..which is very painful,other than that its healing well,im usin warm water n sea salt..so hopefully dats helping it along..:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement