Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Both electives in the same semester?

Options
  • 06-09-2007 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

Can you do both in the same semester? Anyone done it? Is it a bad idea workload wise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

yeah no probs. Did it myself last year. Very easy first semester. Pain in the arse of a second semester

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Im doing 35 in 1st semester and 25 in the 2nd. I cant see any major workload problems. I did it to do a module i was more interested in, which i think is more important than balancing hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

I did the same as above for last year, one module was available for 1st semester only. Ended up having only 3 summer exams, as 2 of the 2nd semester modules were essay based. So there are benefits, but now going into final year I chickened out on doing the same! Have to be realistic with the workload!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

gerry87 wrote:
    Can you do both in the same semester? Anyone done it? Is it a bad idea workload wise?

I am doing it. I have 6 modules in the first semester and 6 in the second (including my 2 electives). I see no problems taking place.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

Aye, I've my 2 electives in my 2nd semester too. It's no big deal if there's a 6/6 split really! Though why anyone would split it 7/5 confuses me.. it'd be pretty stressful for the 7 module semester.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Im doing both of mine in the first semester, it gives me 17 hours for semester 1 and 12 hours for semester 2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I wasn't in Horizons, but I did 35 credits in Sem 1 and 25 in Sem 2 and it was fine. Ended up only having 11 hours with tutorials in Sem 2 which was pretty good!

Advertisement