Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminating 12 month conract

Options
  • 06-09-2007 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am living in the UK at the moment and I'm unhappy with my 3G broadband provider, T-mobile. I have recently signed up for a 12 month contract with their web-n-walk service, which is mobile internet for laptops, and to be honest I'm not too happy with the service and I want to cancel and get proper ADSL instead.

At first, I was seeking an alternative to having to get a landline insalled, so I looked online and saw that they provided a HSDPA service, like 3G on steroids, so you can theoretically get near broadband speeds. I was skeptical and I looked online for reviews and the few that I had seen seemed to give it the thumbs up, so I went into the shop and signed up.

I asked the salesman was it as good as ADSL broadband and he said it was, and that it would basically do the same thing. I asked him could I use skype with it, as this was the main reason I was getting the internet in my house in the first place, so I could communicate with people at home a affordable prices.

Now, using skype with the connection I have with these guys is awful. The call quality is awful and they keep getting dropped all the time. I can't have a conversation for longer than about 3-4 minutes, whereupon the call is lost and my connection remains active but flatlines. This has always happened right from the start.

I have sent emails to the technical support staff there and given them examples of calls that I have made, but they don't seem to know exactly what the story is.

Im not asking a technical question here, Im just wondering am I within my rights to call them tomorrow and tell them I dont want the service anymore, offer to pay them arrears for what I have already used, and then let that be the end of it. I am tied into a 12 month contract, but I can't stay with these guys another 12 months. Anyone here been in my situation. How should I handle it ?

Advertisement