Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overflow Parking?

• 07-09-2007 12:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

Just got an email there from dkit saying there's a shuttle bus service from horseware over to dkit and back every day..

here's the times/link.

I assume this is for parking and that's to cope with the over-flow?

I know roughly were the horseware place is, does anyone know if it's free parking there or pay parking :D

I'll be commuting daily back and forth by car so parking is the one thing i'm worried about.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Horseware is opposite the college (opposite the new Hotel side)

Take the right into 'Heinz' road and right again will bring you into Horseware.

I think it's free.

Commuting, at college, arf :) early starts for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

cheers for that i'm sure i'll find it anyway..

i'm just dreading arriving at like 8.45am not being able to get space, then having to wander about the town and walk over etc.. :rolleyes:

i don't mind the commute, it will wake me up a bit in the mornings :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

I don't think Horseware realises what they are letting themselves in for. I know National Pen use their car park from September till December when they have extra staff. With Horseware and NPL staff using it the place is quite packed already
    Me thinks there might be more cars than spaces trying to park there.

When I read the e-mail I found it a bit strange, why would Dkit set up pay parking and then arrange parking off the campus, secondly they never mentioned a price and as its a taxi firm that will be doing the service I doubt they will do it out of the goodness of their hearts. So who ends up paying?
    It really didn't make sense to me.

The email also said that it would take the Hoeys lane route, If you head out of JJB/PC World onto the bypass roundabout the first exit will take you to the M1 (you will pass Horseware) the second into the housing estate (the church will be on your right) the third to Newry.

annex wrote:
    I don't think Horseware realises what they are letting themselves in for. I know National Pen use their car park from September till December when they have extra staff. With Horseware and NPL staff using it the place is quite packed already
    Me thinks there might be more cars than spaces trying to park there.

When I read the e-mail I found it a bit strange, why would Dkit set up pay parking and then arrange parking off the campus, secondly they never mentioned a price and as its a taxi firm that will be doing the service I doubt they will do it out of the goodness of their hearts. So who ends up paying?
    It really didn't make sense to me.

The email also said that it would take the Hoeys lane route, If you head out of JJB/PC World onto the bypass roundabout the first exit will take you to the M1 (you will pass Horseware) the second into the housing estate (the church will be on your right) the third to Newry.

yeah it seems strange all right.. i'd assumed the shuttle bus was free or paid for by the college :)

they're obviously expecting high demand for it as it's running about every 45 mins on average..

also, can anyone tell me what time the campus car parks fill up by? Are they all full by 9am? surely 8.30am would get me a spot? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

is there not some new 300 space car park over by the carrolls building...

How bad is the parking as im planning on getting a car and sharing travel costs with 3 others...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

I thought there was 150 new car parking spaces - car park '9' its called. They really do need more though.

I really think the college doesn't know what they've let themselves in for. God help Rockville, College Heights, College Manor etc now - they are going to become car parks. The residents will go mad.

In another right, its not correct to call it a "Shuttle" service. Have you seen its times? Most people have erratic timetables - and the buses leaving DKIT to Horseware are 1.15pm, then the next a 3.45pm. That's 2.5 hours! You may as well just walk. (Not that its far, but it takes about 10 minutes.) Sorry guys, but that is NOT a shuttle bus...

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 14 elderlymidwife

Hiya
    I start on Monday at 9:15. So what time would i need to be there at to guarantee a parking spot???
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Hiya
    I start on Monday at 9:15. So what time would i need to be there at to guarantee a parking spot???
    Cheers

8:45 at the latest normally but its only 1st and 2nd years on monday so it might not be too bad?? if it is then were in for hell on tuesday!!

The overflow carpark was in place last year too, i believe the shuttle bus as free, the college has 150 new spaces but this is just nowhere near enough at all it needs atleast 300 more.

The surrounding house estates were being used as carparks last year too, there was uproar is rockfield, college heights was a student area anyway so not as much complaints but I know alot of families have moved in so it's gonna have its complaints too.

I believe rockfield residents are goin to have a parking permit in operation and any car without one will be towed away there was plans for this towards the end of last year anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I think this is a subliminal campaign to get you all to start using bicycles ;)
    Or walk, I mean if it's just Horseware or w/ever, the walk's not that bad at all.
    Now, security OTOH...

I got a text today from DKIT, apparantly the Gardai have been in contact with the college. All cars parked illegally on roads surrounding the campus will be towed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 elderlymidwife

lads, where is this horseware carpark?I come off the M1 nth bound and pass Xerox!!!!
    Im not in till 11am tomorrow so will be having probs!!!

At the large set of ligts at Xerox go straight ahead (Inner Relief Road), as you pass them the campus/hotel will be on the left and a little further on to your right will be the IDA park. Keep going and you willl see Heinz and a road to the right, take that road and as you turn you will see a reddish/brownish building, thats Horseware. Its pretty straight forward from there :D
    In case you miss the bus and have to walk, I would say it would be quicker to walk back to the hotel and there is a road at the side of it that will bring you to the back of the campus. The bus will take a different route but this is longer if you walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Solomon

Has any one here actually used the overflow car park? and do the buses actually come on time?

Solomon wrote:
    Has any one here actually used the overflow car park? and do the buses actually come on time?

never actually needed to go to the overflow carpark, i've never been here later than 9 and always found a space

Yeah I'm a 20 to or quater to and always have a choice of spaces, I'm in the engineering building so carrolls is a journey for me when im late let alone the over flow!

yeah, haven't actuall used it yet as i normally arrive between 8.30-8.45 and the place is empty :)

seen at least 5 cars clamped yesterday though on campus :rolleyes:

smemon wrote:
    seen at least 5 cars clamped yesterday though on campus :rolleyes:

I was walking back from lunch yesterday and there was a jeep type car parked at the Hoeys Lane carpark with a big dirty yellow clamp on the wheel. It wasn't in a parking space but it wasn't blocking any cars.
    The nice thing about it was the purple DKIT logo on the side of the car, serves the dirty egits right, I have to hand it to the clamper that had the balls to put the clamp on :D

theres some spaces in the car park at carrolls in the corners of one of the smallers sections that have a line across them so you have the 2 normal parralell lines and a line across joining them so its like a box, but i would consider it a perfectly valid parking space but the past 2 days any car thats been parked there has been clamped

its a joke theres no signs saying that cars parked there will be clamped or anything

yeah there like little box's at the end of rows seen a guy parked there and get clamped... he walked over to dromad hire got a saw cut the clamp off and drove off!

very amusing

Solomon wrote:
    yeah there like little box's at the end of rows seen a guy parked there and get clamped... he walked over to dromad hire got a saw cut the clamp off and drove off!

very amusing

very good, it has to be criminal what there doing there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

Ironically, I seen the NCP clamper fan pull up at DKIT the other day.

And then he gracefully parked in a disabled space at the front of reception.

.. Should have taken a picture

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭keefs08

Heyas wers Horseware??:rolleyes:im tryin 2 get a bus 2 dkit but all i found out was i can get 1 frm horseware!! but i dont no wer d hell horseware is!!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭StiffLitlemicky

keefs08 wrote: »
    Heyas wers Horseware??:rolleyes:im tryin 2 get a bus 2 dkit but all i found out was i can get 1 frm horseware!! but i dont no wer d hell horseware is!!!:confused:

You don't get on to a bus at 'horseware', everybody gets on to a horse and trots up the road to campus.:pac:

keefs08 wrote: »

where are you trying to get the bus from? where are you located as such?

Advertisement