Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Opening

Options
  • 07-09-2007 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok iv tried absolutly everything to get a port open so that i can A) download torrent files and B) get onto my university e mails from hone but to no avail. Its like no matter what i do it makes no difference. Im using windows vista and avast antivirus by the way, does anyone have any ideas how to make sure a port is open. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

have you tried using and following the guides for your router on www.portforward.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Yup i have allowed it to beforworded from the router and avast i dunno whats holding it back to be honest.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 92 ✭✭alanjgrace

You dont say who your isp is, they could be blocking traffic on those ports.

What are you using to retrieve your university email, Outlook?

Advertisement